Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Fire Team Platoons?(Yes again)

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:55 pm
I have no confirmed you can be in multiple platoons.  Id like to say(if its ok with Luke and the others) that all Fire Team Leaders should make a platoon for that fire team.  Being in only one platoon ATM, i have no idea if we can compare platoon stats, but i think it could add a little more flavor and competitiveness to fire teams.  Ive noticed we are still ft scrimmaging in Blops, and thats cool and all, but ive been done with that game.

I really really really want to get some squad DM going.  It doesn't have to be 4 squads of 4, it could be 2 teams in 4 squads (8v8) although that MAY be confusing in game, who knows.

I just know Luke said we would visit this again when/if the time came, and now that i know you can multi-platoon, i really think BK should get down with this Twisted Evil

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:31 am
The fire teams are not separate clans. BK is one clan. Events like that still can happen with out creating a bunch of platoons for no reason. For now we are going to stick with just one fire platoon.

I do ask BK members not to create groups with the BK name or of our fire teams and leave that to the officers.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:40 am
I'm pretty keen on the idea of Squad Deathmatch, and was happy to see it as a gametype. I don't really care about separation of BK in BF3, or any game, since we're all one large group, though.

I played my first TDM game the oher day, and the game area was tiny.  Not even 200mm squared. Anyone know if Squad DM areas are larger? I didn't expect the entire map (not that I'd mind).. I just found it odd that TDM would be so small. I hope we get a Botocamp BF3 server going eventually. Can we rent servers for just a day or two?

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, Sheep.Smile

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:24 pm
its fine i got my answer from Luke.  Just wanted to bring it up again cus well that was the plan lol.

Squad DM can be really fun.  Dice really needs to implement an in game VoIP so that we can chat that way.  SDM in Teamspeak would be counter productive lol.

On a self thread hijacking note, im sad the conquest server is down.  I really need to get a REAL ISP out here to get some internet becuase this Clear stuff, while decent speed(for all wireless) is unreliable and cuts out a lot.  Its one of the only reasons i havent super raged at Dice for the disconnects, because im fairly certain some of them are my fault