Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

What is happening to this game.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:13 am
Not sure if anyone watched or heard about the live chat today.  But here are the most important topics.

Recon is fine the way it is according to Dice, no comment on .50 cal  weapons.
IRNV is getting nerfed in a future patch.  No idea how, but its confirmed
NO, i repeat NO in-game VoIP.  That one kinda stings a little for me.  I know we have TS, but not everyone in every server is on TS...so thats bad.
B2K maps are going to be the same size as on the console.  That COULD mean console is getting bigger maps, but from what i heard about BF2(never played it) that would be impossible.  So it seems that the maps will be dumbed down for the PC.

Lots of rage on the forums.  Most just aggravated people, but some of the rage on there is actually quite just.  I still like the game dont get me wrong, but i feel like(once again) PC is getting the back burner treatment.  Which, whatever Dice, make your money.  I get it, you are a for profit company, but dont tell us PC gets mad love, when it clearly doesnt.  64 player maps?  Well the game is too bad at running 64 man maps(at least for me it is, i DO have garbage internet).

Thoughts?  Comments?  Concerns?

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:50 am
well, I have no problem running the 64 player maps (tho my internet is good enough that i can run torrents in the backround with impunity). I cant really fault DICE for any of this, because if you stop and think about it, how could they possibly do any different without royally pissing off all the console players and probably losing 60-70 percent of their market share.  

remember, console players are already irritated at getting a game with poorer graphics than PC (before graphics patch) and smaller player sizes due to nature of console hardware.  So from their point of view, PC is ALREADY getting favoritism, and this news is perfectly fair and balanced.  

I dont really like the no VOIP, but i guess it cuts down a bit on the ingame rage and abuse a bit.  

INVR does need to be tweaked, its too easy to pick ppl out with it.  

SSG.Braxis*BK*

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:08 am
I also run torrents and other transfer on all four computers connected to my LAN while i play, and wven when full, I dont; really see issues. (though i do think 64 players is a little too much, except on the largest maps). Though that may be thanks to a well-configured router. My internet is cable that gives me max speeds of 50mb/s down, 3mb/s up.

I do agree that in-game voice would be nice. Though Battlelog does have Team chat; you make a Team before starting (but can be changed while playing) and can use chat from there. I can only assume it'll keep you on the same side and in Squads.  One can always run Xfire or Ventrillo, or hop into another TS channel. Speakign of which, can we get 1 or 2 more Co-Op rooms in TS?

IRNV shodul be toned down a bit, r the range lessened. What I'd liek to see is the mortars be limited. Limiting initial ammo would be neigh pointless, as the Support kit can be suited with Ammo Drops. Maybe if the visible part of the targeting map was small, or increase reload time or something. And apparently suppressed weapons can be seen on the mortar map, too?

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the game.  Impossible to satisfy everyone.

Rage in forums is nothing new. And there's a lot of poor sportsmanship and lousy behaviour in BF3. I even experience slightly harsher attitudes in TS.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:16 am
LOL yea i stil like the game.  Dont get me wrong.  Im really disappointed about the ingame voice.  Sure we dont have to hear little kids....but this is BK.  Im not worried about ingame chat nonsense.  Im more concerned with going pron to type "Give me ammo/health" only to be ignored.  Spamming Q doesnt do anything.  Either they dont hear me or they dont care.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:33 am
i really dont have those issues....my ingame rages are the minimap giving your position way in HARDCORE is NOT HARDCORE....i really dont get how i can run half way across a map stop and not fire a shot and get a mortor on my head......i mean the thing is giving my position away and i havent done anything.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:47 pm
I really don't have a problem playing against Recon players as Assault.  I don't play that kit, so I don't know if it needs to be fixed.

I'm happy to hear IRNV is getting nerfed.  I use it a lot, because it's so easy to spot players day or night with it.  I'd really like it to be fairly/completely useless in daylight and some contrast adjustment when switching from ADS to hipfire.

I think they should allow ingame voice, but I am happy without the responsibility of monitoring it.  The ingame swearing from players is constant enough.  I'm looking forward to getting more regulars on our servers, so the rule breaking is less frequent.

I doubt the maps will be smaller than they were in BF2.  They probably will seem a little crowded on a 64 player server, but time will tell.

BF3 rocks.  It can, and should be, improved (starting with 100% customizable keybinds and Ui)  It is my favorite FPS by far.