Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

BF3 Punkbuster issues

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:12 pm
Punk buster does not not like me anymore just won't let me play the game. I get kicked everytime I enter into a game. Here is what I have tried so far.

manual update punkbuster
uninstalled/reinstalled punkbuster
clear cache and temporary files
cleanup registery
defarg
Contacted ea support (what a waste of time) they did send me a 15% discount code for my troubles but when I checked my email the code has a bunch of *** in it.
Have not c-4 ed my box yet but thinking about it.

I have uninstalled Origin and BF3, currently downloading and reinstalling the game so in about five hours I will find out if it was waste of time.

Any ideas out there

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:42 pm
Have you manually gone through your registery and and deleted anything that have the phrase "punkbuster" in it?

Thats the only thing I can think of.  Sometimes CClean doesnt get it all.

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 pm
That's pretty lame.

Do you get any kind of error when you get kicked,? Do you have a software firewall that may be blocking access, program interaction, or connectivity for Punkbuster of BF3? By updating PB manually, you went to evenbalance.com and for the updater? You have both PB Services running?  Do you have other games that use PB? And if so, do they give you trouble? Have you had someone eyeball Procon wheil you connect adn get kicked?

What PB version do you have? Running the PBsetup.exe program, I have: Client Version  v2.279 | A1386, Server Version v1.839 | A1386 | C2.279

I too, had some issues with BF3 (not PB), and a complete game/PB/Origin/Web Plugin uninstall and cleanup fixed it. Hopefully that works for you, too.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Silent_Wolf wrote (View Post):

Have you manually gone through your registery and and deleted anything that have the phrase "punkbuster" in it?

Thats the only thing I can think of.  Sometimes CClean doesnt get it all.

searched the registery to no avail but according even balance pb makes no changes to the registry.

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:17 pm

CHUD wrote (View Post):

That's pretty lame.

Do you get any kind of error when you get kicked,? Do you have a software firewall that may be blocking access, program interaction, or connectivity for Punkbuster of BF3? By updating PB manually, you went to evenbalance.com and for the updater? You have both PB Services running?  Do you have other games that use PB? And if so, do they give you trouble? Have you had someone eyeball Procon wheil you connect adn get kicked?

What PB version do you have? Running the PBsetup.exe program, I have: Client Version  v2.279 | A1386, Server Version v1.839 | A1386 | C2.279

I too, had some issues with BF3 (not PB), and a complete game/PB/Origin/Web Plugin uninstall and cleanup fixed it. Hopefully that works for you, too.

I have the same pb ver as you. The message for bf3 just says "kicked by PB for 0 min.) The message for world at war says pnkbstrA cominications error.

You touched on what the key problem is niether of the PB services are running. Still trying to find how to get the services to start. Flustration has set in and I gave up for now which is evident by my aburt departure from TS this morning.

This all started after a BF3 crash I think the crash currupted PB and I can seem to figure out how to fix that problem. Removed all folders and files reinstalled and updated but still PB errors on both games.

I have submitted a ticket to evenbalnce so I will wait and see what they say.

thanks for the help

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:45 pm
Well I hope they can help you, Karow.  And i hope they don't take too long in responding.

I'm sure you know this already, but you can start/stop the services manually in teh Services list (services.msc in the Run dialogue window).  'PnkBtsrA' and 'PnkBstrB' - both of which are set to Automatic Start on my desktop.

Hope to see you on the battlefield before too long.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:44 am
Problem is fixed but the two files needed where not listed is Services. In an effort to delete all files related to PB I found one (pbsvc.exe) in the BF3 beta folder ran it and PB A started and B starts when you start a PB enabled game. This may be temp fix until I restart the pc. We will see. Not going to restart it just to check. I would like to play for a while.