Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Sweet Spot

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:07 pm
Ok this is a bit complicated so I will try to go easy on everyone. First off this is not a hack it is just a way to get the best out of your puter.  It helps lower your ping and stablize your game so that you are always shooting the same in each game. They call this the "SWEET SPOT". So lets begin:
All of the console commands should be done with the COD5 turned on but not in a game.
Step 1:  You have to find your lower end FPS(Frame Rate per Second) To do this You click on ~(called tilde) then type in the line the command cg_drawfps. It should be off so you want to type in 1 which will put in simple mode. Now go play the game for awhile. and watch the counter in the upper right. You will see it tends to stay at a range. You want the lower end of this range. Once you have that number.
Step 2: Now take your FPS and go back into your console yes ~ again. Then you want to put it in two places the first is com_maxfps the second is cl_maxpackets. These 2 should be match so that you dont get peaks and valleys in your game.
Step 3: Play the game and chech your ping. If it went up which it might then you need to lower the 2 command numbers. If it went down then you can try raising your number. Weather it goes up or down you keep making small number adjustments till your ping wont move. You are now in your SWEET SPOT.

You will need to play with your puter set this way but you will find it works really nice and helps your game.

ENJOY

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:31 am
Lets say my ping stays @ 50 and my fps remains a constant 197.What if any benifits could I expect from this type of tuning?? Question

Chilling and Killing....

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:16 am
Not sure I do know that my ping was in the upper 30's and my frs would peak at 160. After I did this my ping was 23 and my frs was set at 95.  The one thing I noticed was that all my shots were hitting in the same spot every time. They wouldn't drift right or left. And my score went up. That was till my eyes got tired. Lol  You can always write your curent numbers down and try this to see if it helps. If not put your puter back to the way it was.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:46 pm
Gonna add this to the setting/errors**** post. Thanks. Like we need you getting a higher score.

Last edited by NEMATODE on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:56 pm
Little clarification on this. You want the highest fps so you see someone as soon as possible. With this change you want the lowest you are attaining.

What this Change does is give you consistency. The only for sure FPS for most of us is the lowest we achieve. We know we can reach that. The higher one's we reach with network optimal conditions. Even when we attain those high peaks we also attain the lower ones but not vise a versa. Hogans post reflects getting consistency so it doesn't bounce around.

As I'm tracking someone they are moving at a steady pace. But thats' not what I see. I see (lower numbers will be used for simplicity) 3 fps then 9 fps. So when I shoot the person they may be just a little in front or in back of where I'm shooting
and that bounces around w my fps view. I shoot an object I see moving at 3fps same given speed but he has now moved 9 fps distance same given speed. By taking out the variation what I see is what I get.

I've made the change and can see a marked improvement in accuracy. I think the greater the distance the more benefit as the more variation fps would play in a smaller objects placement given different fps views.

In game I would explain the different feel as you shoot at someone you don't hit them and now your rifle is just off the victims shoulder but you haven't moved it. This is why I shoot 4, 5 times. With this change you aren't just off the victim you are dead on.

I'd love to draw up a quadratic equation for this but I'm a dumb cross between a horse and mule.

Disclaimer: I may just be full of something.

Tomorrows lesson how to tenfold the damage area of a Bouncing Bettey. The bt_rad variable.