MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

BF3 Fun Weapon Stat FAQ

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:26 pm
The BF3 Fun Weapon Stat FAQ

I decided with all my stat obsession that I would start a thread with some BF3 Weapon Stat info. I want to keep it simple and fun, but hopefully the data will be helpful to you as a player.
Each post (as I get the chance) will include a new and interesting stat.

Notes:
Calculations will be determined by Hardcore mode (Health is set at 60, rather than 100), since BK servers run in Hardcore mode.

According to the data I have found on BF3 weapons and modeling:
    Body (torso and arms) damage runs at 1x
    Legs are .9x damage
    Head is 2x damage

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:43 pm
The One Shot Skull Cracker?

So what weapons can drop an enemy with one shot to the head and more importantly what is the maximum range?

With Hardcore mode at 60 health, damage must be at 30+ to take out an enemy with a shot to the head. Not all guns do that kind of damage and the ones that do, don’t always do that kind of damage at distance. They begin to lose their “punch” as the bullet travels.

A quick review shows that ALL the Recon weapons (sniper rifles) are one shot kills to the head regardless of distance. The damage remains above 30 (2x for head is 60 damage) even to the far edge of the map. So snipers have NO excuse for not being able to drop an enemy at the other side of the map with a head shot.

Surprisingly shot-guns (Slug and Frag rounds) have a minimum damage of 34 (making that 68 to the head) to the edge of the game map. The Buckshot (12 shot with 6 damage each = 72) does as well but you need to make sure that all 12 shot hit the head and you know that ain’t happening. The Flechette round (12 shot with 8.4 damage each = 100.8 ) but just like the Buckshot the spread is the factor at range. The Flechette does have the stackable damage blast of 40 with a max radius of 3, so it IS possible, but still unlikely.

What about the other weapons? There are a few and I think you might be surprised at which weapons make the list of one shot skull crackers, what you might find even more surprising is their maximum range. Here they are – all of them in their skull cracking glory.