Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

Interested to know what else floats yer boat -Other hobbies?

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:17 pm
Obviously we love our games, but I was curious if anyone would like to share what are their other main interests.  What else gobbles up your free time (aside from kids)?
For me, I'm an avid wood worker and fearless grease monkey.  I have a 800 ft2 garage where its main purpose is to tinker and assemble various projects.  Currently, I'm working on a 95 Infiniti G20t for the purposes of track use.  It's still pretty streetable, but it wont be long before it's too loud, too stiff, and too empty to be legal.  Wood-wise, I'm in the process of finishing my basement after having just completed the whole-house remodel.  Fun stuff!

My other favorite and less attended hobby is travel.  It used to be that I went somewhere every year.  I've been to England, Ireland, Greece, Germany, Switzerland, Mexico, Canada, Austria, Belgium, Jordan, Kuwait, and Cameroon.  I think I want to hit Croatia and/or Scotland next.  
Anyway...that's me in a  nutshell.  

How about our friendly BK?

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:46 pm
hi i have a couple off hobbies they are  going out on my 110cc pit bike and fishing fine wather fishing lol . i use to travel but now i have a family
i have been to africa , canada , alasker , tailand ,

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:23 pm
OH A3 I only wish I could have the money to do your Hobby..... Oh the fun I could have!!!!

Currently my Interests are deep and wide...... Ahem....

Beer:

As the administrator of the gaming group BDU and beerdrinkersunited.com I love beer... I try and find the rare recipes currently and in the process of creating my own home brew perfect IPA... My attempts so far have yeided stunning results but it is far from perfection....

Motorcycles:

My current ride is a 2002 Honda Interceptor VFR 800cc... I'm hoping to get a few good trips in this year and put a few miles on her.

Cars:
While my love of cars is far from as involved as yours I wish it could be... Currently I'm in the bginning process of toying with my other VTEC machine a 2007 honda Civic Si Sedan.. I just bought a set of summer wheels and considering the CAI options for her. I'm also considering a custom exhaust as I hate the current "Grapefruit Launcher" exhuast currently available for her so I am looking into retrofitting an enlarged Acura CSX Exhaust..

The other hobbies are of course...Kids...... Wife.... Camping.... Home theatre... lots of stuff....

Cheers!

Most Especially Yours,

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:15 pm
Golf (I'm a 6 handicap)
Red Sox (I love watchin baseball especially against the Yanks)
My Family (No brainer)
Fishing (striped ,largemouth and smallmouth bass...Artificial bait only)

Chilling and Killing....

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:24 pm
All very worthwhile and rewarding hobbies!  It's been a long time since I've gone fishing...I can't wait for the kids to get old enough (read: patient enough) to take them out.

In so far as the Honda Interceptor...I'm too afraid that i might like motorcycles.  One expensive hobby is enough...besides, I enjoy being a cager.  That, and I enjoy being married.  I'm not sure the wifey would approve.

Traveling with kids is difficult, but we refuse to stop on their account!  My daughter has been to Ireland and Germany.  My son, well...actually he's only traveled stateside (San Francisco, New Jersey, Indiana).  I think at last count, my daughter has been on 48 different flights in her 3 years of being alive. (counting connections).  If you love to travel, you can make it work..besides they get to be really good at it.

Keep it coming...sounds like a talented and diverse group you have here.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:36 am
basketball
football
graphic design

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:30 am
Slalom Skateboarding, Longboarding, daytripping, gardening, vermiculture(i just started).

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:57 am
Now that I have some more free time, I'd like to get back into martial arts.  I was studying a form of Kempo with several other arts mixed in.  We have a great Aikido dojo here in Denver.  Also, I am going to start working out hard again.  I'm tired of being flabby and miss benching over 350.  What I do now is read, study coaching stuff for football, draw and try to keep my pistol marksmanship somewhat undercontrol.  hehe  I've always tried to keep a diverse spectrum of hobbies.  That way my brain doesn't completely atrophy.  You all with your car stuff.  I have not the patience nor the talent to do that.  I love fishing, just not in Colorado.  I have to be back with my family in N. Minnesoty and catch some respectable walleye or pike.  ; )

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:31 am
Hmm, where to start...?  

Well, as previously mentioned, I live on a Sailboat half the year in New England and am an avid sailor.  So far, I've been to most of the Caribbean, the Gulf of Mexico, the entire East Coast, Nova Scotia, England, Ireland, and France.  All by water.  Oh, and I was born in Venezuela while my parents were cruising.  Been sailing and on the water all my life.

In addition, pretty much any watersports invented... Surfing, Wakeboarding, Jetskiing, I dabble in all.  I don't own much myself, but I have many friends Very Happy

Computer games, yea lots of games.  If it has been made for the PC in the last 10-12 years I probably have owned, pirated, borrowed or at least tried it.  there are some from before then, but my access was somewhat limited.

Shooting Sports, I have a Mosin-Nagant M91-30 (yes, the one from COD), and a TC Encore varmint gun (.204Ruger).  I'm looking to aquire a revolver in the future, but haven't found one that is quite what I want yet...

I am going to school for engineering, so if it is technical, I wish to tinker with it...

I think that about covers it.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:24 pm
Reading (the twilight books), playing Football, playing hockey, watching the playoffs for stanley cup Very Happy

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:37 pm
Arg! how could I forget reading!! I dont get to do as much reading as I would like, but when I get the chance, I read a book a day.  I also dabble in some Science Fiction writing... nothing finished yet tho.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Braxis wrote (View Post):

Oh, and I was born in Venezuela while my parents were cruising. .

There you go Brother in land!

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:36 pm
well i have many i lvoe playing football,making sigs,websites,working on cars i am hoping to get a mustand to work on soon family member has one they arnt using =p

You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:19 am
I like to blacksmith little things, make armour, Knives, nails, the usual.
When I am outside, its 2 feet and a heartbeat, maybe a good ratan stick for leverage up the bigger hills and cliffs.
I dont own any motor toys, but I do own 2 houses and my car is paid for, so maybe I should get some...