Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Who's got hobbies?

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:02 pm
I guess I'll bite and put something in here. PC Gaming is def at the top of the list. I'm an IT guy so building, repairing, TS, etc is a norm. I have my own side business for audio/video and home automation that nets alittle when I can find the time. I'm an avid reader of both fiction and non-fiction. I love anthropology and quantum physics and go to the MIT website to get a lot of info. I don't watch much TV, if any, anymore. Just movies with the family. Spend time out and about when I can. I love Ghost Adventures (main shows I watch) and I'm very into investigating paranormal activities. And yes, I have the equipment as well. Looking forward to getting some REM pods soon. My 14 yr old son likes to tag along and I use him for bait (new nickname....Aaron..LOL) to scare the crap out of him. Cruel maybe, funny for sure!Anthropology and physics directly relate to this addiction...lol. And lastly I am a recovering Alcoholic and Addict (perscription pain meds) and spend many evenings going to AA meetings.

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:57 pm
I just joined today so here goes.

I used to play hockey all the time, but lost an eye playing Junior A many years ago.  Still an avid Bruins fan
Recreation shooting I own a 1943 Soviet Mosin Nagant M91/30
Reading Non Fiction...latest is D-Day by Steven Ambrose
gaming of course, but I'm new to MP

Thanks to all who serve or have served
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:07 am
Hey all, So I just got back into a hobby I use to enjoy as a young lad. Wood Burning ( Pyrography)  Does anyone here do this as a hobby? I'm looking for some good tips or maybe what books I should pick up first.. I know my first project will be a Name Plaque for my Co Worker, his last name is Cardinal and I wanted to do a Cardinal (Bird) with his last name and address. I also want to get into painting the plaques with color after I burn the picture into the plaque!

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:15 pm
Like to blow harmonica from time to time but wife would prefer I didn't! Also like to track drive and get to use a friends Caterham supallight 400 often. Had to sell my own track car (Mk2 VW Gold GTI 16v from 1989) due to my other hobby ..........procreation! Just about to have 5th Child so even the gaming hobby may have to suffer for a while! Check out some youtube pootles111 for track video

You cannot talk yourself out of trouble you walked right into![color=green][/color]
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:43 am
Rc helicopters, computer games, welding, sleeping, and fooding, zombies, Fringe.. u know the usual

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:05 am
I enjoy welding as well, little guitar playing, model train, getting into watching a lot of movies.

Big Hoss, I did wood burning many years ago as a small hobby. The only tip I can give is to make sure the burner tip is heated enough before you begin. Otherwise you may get an uneven darkening. I used to use a scrap piece of wood to test how hot it was before I began.

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:42 pm
Thanks for the tip brother!

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:04 am
I have quite the list of hobbies, lets see...
Running the mountains on the motorcycle,
Messing with computers,
rebuilding motors,
riding the dirt bike,
shooting any kind of gun,
camping, fishing, hunting,
paintball,
scuba diving,
skydiving,
that's just off the top of my head, other hobbies come and go as I find things I like
of course it really helps that I'm single without kids, frees up lots of time and money lol

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:53 am
I like to do lots of things but sports are my hobby. Golf and hockey for the most part now. Then COD5 at night before bed. This is me trying to score against a team from Slovakia in a tournament we won in Florida.