Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Defining Running

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:23 am
Say Im standing at a window, looking out, with no iron sights, and I step to my left or right, just a step, would that be considered running?

Or same scenerio with a noob tube, would it be considered running?

Thanks for any clarification on this question.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:08 am
For 1 step to right or left...? no
But... going from a window to another (ex: station's original spawns)...will be considered as running.

Hope it clarified your interrogation.

“ Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero “

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:53 am
Can"t here your footsteps, then it's not running.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:18 pm
Running is running.  I played a majority of the games supported here with that simple rule and I frequently work a window or doorway back and forth or look over a box or barrel while standing and shifting and have yet to ever be called on it.  I don't see it as a problem but then again, I don't make the rules.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:23 pm
Hey DraynBamaged, the rule states that if you are walking then you HAVE to have your sights up and in my eyes if you are working a window and you are standing and you dont have your sights up, then you are running. So TO MOVE, you must either have your sights up or be in the crouched position.
You can click the rules/faq tab to see a list of all the rules.
You're a great player and I enjoy gaming when your on!!
I hope that answered your question.

PEOPLE FEAR.........what they dont understand.
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:33 pm
Thanks for the comments.

REFORM thanks but my game play is but a reflection of those around me. And since BK is were I land 99% of the time, you guys make me a better player.

NOW that  I have different answers from BK members It looks like we need a definitive answer.

Because if im standig and looking out from a spot with my pistol iron sight my field of vision doesnt change, so a step to the left or right doesnt matter.

BUT in same scenrio with a rifle or noob tube, in order to keep the wider field of vision I'd have to crouch move then stand all for one step.

In my opinion I wouldn't define it as running step right or left in one spot without iron sights.

Just trying to keep things a little spicey, in a healthy way.  Very Happy

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:04 pm
I see people (including BK members) run a very short distance  to be able to make jumps from  one high place to another. The big pipe in the back corner of Corrosive and the round tank between the department store and brewery roof on Revolution are 2 such places. Strictly enforcing the running rule in these cases seems to take some of the game play from the maps.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:15 pm
You can step and jump.
You cannot run and jump - even for a couple of steps.
If we don't observe you running and jumping then we give you the benefit of the doubt.
Having said that, if you are in a location that can only reached by running and jumping then we will ask you to move from there.
This is stated clearly in the rules.

In the situation that started this thread, you are not allowed to walk upright from one window to another unless you are sighted (WaW). In BlkOps walking upright is not allowed, period.

You are allowed to take a couple of steps from spawn as you are spawned upright, but honestly most people who play on the servers automatically crouch.

Hope this clarifies this. If you have queries then join us on TS and a senior officer can explain.

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:37 pm

OVERLORD wrote (View Post):

I see people (including BK members) run a very short distance  to be able to make jumps from  one high place to another. The big pipe in the back corner of Corrosive and the round tank between the department store and brewery roof on Revolution are 2 such places. Strictly enforcing the running rule in these cases seems to take some of the game play from the maps.

Every single one of those spots, this one included, can be reached without running.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 pm
Yep, you can make that jump WITHOUT running.  It's all about timing.  I credit my ability to make "impossible" jumps with many hours of guiding Mario through castles...  Very Happy

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:30 pm

OVERLORD wrote (View Post):

How did you get your screen set up like that?? I've never seen that before.  Shocked  Shocked

Last edited by DELETED on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:00 pm
From the look of it Reg I say he on a Modded server when he took that screen shot.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:02 pm
Ahhh....thought I was missing out on some cool feature.