Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

john 15:13

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:27 am
i seen this pic on a delivery at a print shop...........i did some highlights and some small changes

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:07 pm
That verse has been a part of my Sig since I started playing....
Awesome

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:17 pm
Nice job, but kind of grazing against our no religion policy, no?  If i put a drug quote into a sig, woudl it not be allowed? Not that I would, or will.. jsut making an example.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:05 pm
@ chud...

For my part, it is not.
It's a quote from a book.
 Smile

“ Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero “

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:19 am

CHUD wrote (View Post):

Nice job, but kind of grazing against our no religion policy, no?  If i put a drug quote into a sig, woudl it not be allowed? Not that I would, or will.. jsut making an example.

Seriously?
You are taking a quote from a book, that in and of it's self has no mention or reference of Religous connotation, but that of a person dying in possibly the act of saving another, then comparing it to....a drug quote???
This is a quote, that for some of the BK members, has a significant meaning. There are those of us who have had on occasion, been put in situations where we have put the saftey and well being of others ahead of our own, at great personal risk to ourselves. You trivialize this by comparing this quote to referencing drugs and or use.
Just because something is quoted from a book or person, does not immediately make it a reference to a religion, cause, or view. We give credit to people, books, movies so on and so forth when we quote them so as not to infer that we are the ones who  had come up with this remarkable/sarcastic/witty/stupid saying.

Read the words and take them at face value....

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:40 am
Okay okay, relax. Just asking.

And i did say "grazing". I know it's not explicit.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:46 am
remove john 15:13 problem solved

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:48 am
I would say this hits the religious rule, it is from the Bible yeah? So I, or someone else could come in here and start a religious debate, which is against the rule obv. If I put in something about the Devil, most would be like, uhhh? Maybe that's a little extreme, but I think it matches with this for some.
Im with ya on this CHUD.

cypher369 wrote (View Post):

remove john 15:13 problem solved
Yup.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:57 am
Now you guys are just trolling and MAKING it an issue.
Simple fact : It's a quote from a BOOK. Plain and simple. Proper credit given to said book.
It has serious meaning for more than a few BK'ers from their MILITARY not RELIGIOUS service.
More importantly

This is about DH1's ARTWORK, not your personal vendetta or witch hunt for BK rule breakers on the forums.

Nice job on the ARTWORK DH1...

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:07 am
I guess discussing means trolling now.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:22 am
Cyphers' solution sounds like a good one.  No, it's not explicitly religious, but religion is implicit in it...  No witch hunt (ironic), no trolling, no hatred. One of the most awesome things about BK is the rules taking politics and relgiion 0 two things that can get just about everyone riled up - out of conversation in common areas.

*Group hug*

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:25 am
[quote="Raptor";p="86431"]I would say this hits the religious rule, it is from the Bible yeah? So I, or someone else could come in here and start a religious debate, which is against the rule obv. If I put in something about the Devil, most would be like, uhhh? Maybe that's a little extreme, but I think it matches with this for some.
Im with ya on this CHUD.

This section here does not constitute "discussion"
Taking a thread, derailing it taking from the OP's intended purpose...yep...trolling.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:34 am
Taking a thread, derailing it taking from the OP's intended purpose...yep...trolling.

I don't think so, in my opinion.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:01 am
I don't think anyone of us really know what the rule against religion is...

I have a quote from Abraham Lincoln, I should probably change it since it touches to close to the politics rule...

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:53 pm
i think that how this thread has developed is by itself, why the topic is not allowed. It's just a quote, so I don't really care enough to go on. Though if i didn;t see that verse:line (or whatever) notation, it would have not garnered my attention. I still think Cyphers' solution is a good compromise. Anyonie that knows the source already knows, and those that do not just see a nifty line.