Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Star Wars The Old Republic

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:31 pm

mr-t wrote (View Post):

now i like the idea of star wars games but from all the ones i have played (which i will admit isn't many) i have never been immerser in the game. i always feel very limited to what i can do and where i can go, and very limited to which part of the force i can use on what. for example i can use the force to pick up and throw objects and some people but not all. and have never been able to pick myself up. then items i cannot pick up but i can push them with the force, how come i cannot pull or move sideways. but that is my feelings about star wars game and i will still try any new ones when i get chance

The Force Unleashed was the first Star Wars game where I felt I was using the force abilities to their fullest. But, that game was very linear so you were still being steared down a hallway. The games were both fun to play but weren't exactly what I wanted. I doubt that The Old Republic will be a linear game, but I also doubt we will be able to interact with everything when we are in a fight. From just the few minutes I played my jedi last night, the objects that were thrown were just picked up from right around you even if you didn't see anything there before hand. It is a preset ability to throw objects at the enemy.

By the way, I have started a Sith Inquistor on Iron Clad named Trygar. I will also be making an Imperial Agent named Gakhan.

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Trygar wrote (View Post):

mr-t wrote (View Post):

now i like the idea of star wars games but from all the ones i have played (which i will admit isn't many) i have never been immerser in the game. i always feel very limited to what i can do and where i can go, and very limited to which part of the force i can use on what. for example i can use the force to pick up and throw objects and some people but not all. and have never been able to pick myself up. then items i cannot pick up but i can push them with the force, how come i cannot pull or move sideways. but that is my feelings about star wars game and i will still try any new ones when i get chance

The Force Unleashed was the first Star Wars game where I felt I was using the force abilities to their fullest. But, that game was very linear so you were still being steared down a hallway. The games were both fun to play but weren't exactly what I wanted. I doubt that The Old Republic will be a linear game, but I also doubt we will be able to interact with everything when we are in a fight. From just the few minutes I played my jedi last night, the objects that were thrown were just picked up from right around you even if you didn't see anything there before hand. It is a preset ability to throw objects at the enemy.

By the way, I have started a Sith Inquistor on Iron Clad named Trygar. I will also be making an Imperial Agent named Gakhan.

Iron Citadel?  Ironclad was a great movie though btw.

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:06 pm
Man this game is fun.  I am sad the weekend test will be over tonight.  Wish I was in on the full beta.  I think I will preorder and play.  Already signed up for a guild with a friend from Facebook and his friends.

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:15 pm
Well I have been playing all weekend long as time and the wife will allow and I like it .... but .... Graphics need to be improved, and I suspect that will happen in the final release .... and honestly It reminds me too much of WoW ... I was hooked on WoW for a little over 3.5 years and that is not a good thing ... so many things to do and people to play with and groups and crafting and gathering and PVP and Raiding and looting just a lot to do ... so it drags you in to playing and paying that month 2 month fee and BAM 3 years go by.... I would love to see the final release and play for a few months at the bare mininum.

I would suggest that if you are even the slight bit intrested in this game ... you try to get in on the Beta (way better than the BF3 Beta) and that way you won't have to pay for it just to try it out ... but like WoW they will most likely have some kind of 30 trial thing also ... who knows?

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:16 am
YUP!   It happened ... as my toon leveled the game sucked me in ... I Pre-ordered it tonight ... knowing that I will only have a few months to play it because my son will be born into this world in Feb. I think that is going to seriously effect my gaming time!

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:50 pm
a few of us BK guys have join a guild called MASC...if any of u would like to join with us, let me know

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:32 am
I got an e-mail today telling me I could start pre-loading the game now.  If you participated in the last weekend beta...25 - 29 Nov...all you have to do is patch what you currently have installed.  This had me stoked, but what really got me going is they moved the start of the Early Access period up to the 13th!

Here is the text of the e-mail...

Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:08 am
though I would bump this, as a few have expressed interest, this is where BK plays Star Wars The Old Republic:

Server name : The Fat Man

the guild: Masc (mecenaries and skilled craftsmen)

the site: http://www.mascguild.com/forums/index.php

our channel in Ventrilo: IP: vent14.gameservers.com
                                     port: 4246
                                     password: bantha

G-rated chat room 4 those with sensitive ears Wink

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:40 pm
you know ya want to!!!!!!!

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:20 am
I finally started up a toon on The Fatman.  I'm a lvl 11 Sith Assassin...for now...named Rhade.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:49 am

bpmcmanus wrote (View Post):

I finally started up a toon on The Fatman.  I'm a lvl 11 Sith Assassin...for now...named Rhade.

Assassins are bomb.  I want to transfer mine over from the other server I was on.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:21 am
I started him last night...the storyline has been good so far.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:00 am
lEVEL 27 SITH INQUISITOR  I love my lightening

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:05 pm

bpmcmanus wrote (View Post):

I got promoted in guild so I can invite you , just friend Crhea, my toons name.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 pm
cant finde rhade, it says does not exist