Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

CoD W@W disk name and files?

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:31 pm
Could someone who owns original DVD of CoD W@W please post a full list of files from the DVD, or a screen shot of them and a exact name of the disc seen by the system.

Thank you.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:57 am
May I ask where your copy is?

I truly hope noone responds to this post.  No offense Red Dragon.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:05 am
I'm not assuming anything but if you are copying files from an already registered version, there is a good chance that the game you are copying from will get permanently banned by punkbuster.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:46 am
He may had downloaded it from a online store like Gamestop and payed for it, and want to compare the files

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:03 am
Or his original disk may be damaged and unreadable.  The thing that gets me is you only need the disk in the drive to play single-player game.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:53 pm
I am not trying to create an illegal copy of DVD. I downloaded a multiplayer when it was free for trial and purchased the key later on so that I can continue to play.  If I wanted an illegal copy of a disk the Internet is full of them. Friends computer is not reading his disk anymore but when we browse the disk it is working. Usually the damaged disk is not readable at all. I just wanted to compare files to see if the disks TOC is damaged and is not registering a file. Anyway how could I create an illegal copy from a list of files?

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:22 pm
You may check to see if auto run is on in system tools.  Have you tried an uninstall and then reinstall?  Back up the full CoDWaW folder first.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:44 pm
DVD starts but an error appears. Tried to google the error message without any results. It is not saying that a specific  file is missing just some code. Multiplayer works fine.  Only single player is not working. I don't dare to uninstall the game because I will not be able to install it due to faulty DVD. He will rather play multiplayer only than nothing at all. I am trying to find another DVD to test the installation or to compare the files. Even thou  the file list will not help me repair the DVD I will at least know that that is the cause.

I got my copy of COD as a gift for subscribing to an IT magazine. Would compare to my files but I only got the installation in some .exe format with a trial key and can play only multiplayer. They probably got some special promotional deal. I had to buy the key after trial expired.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:28 pm
If you think the DVD is faulty you may try a new install on another computer or partition to prove the DVD health.  I your friend has enough hard drive space you can make a new partition, install the os, drivers and then the game to be sure of the status of the DVD.  If the DVD is good then an uninstall reinstall would work.  I know that is a lot of work but it may prove the status of the DVD.

Bullitt

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:49 pm
Thank you for your help. Problem solved. A colleague from work gave me his disk for test. Problem was in the installation. Probably something went wrong at the last update. We reinstalled the game and it is running fine. Once again thank you for your time and ideas.