Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

NEED HELP after RAID Configuration!

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:10 pm

ARRGGHHH wrote (View Post):

Try removing the drive form the housing and plug it straight into the board.

The controller in the enclosure could be failing or the drive it self.

I had one like that a few months ago and had to send back for warranty replacement.

True....This could be possible...

Now, I'm getting a shut down hang on the OS drives now.....Ugg!! Did I do the right thing here?..... Problem after problem now....geesh!

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:44 pm
Do u have another pc you could plug the drive into

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:39 pm
Yeah....it works fine there...now it's now working on here again.....I'll look for a BIOS update too...I think it is updated...but I'll still look...

Maybe a bad install of the OS?

Seems to be hanging alot now, after I install something, in the Shutting Down mode.....so far, Not likeing this....Yeah it's fast...but too many issues at first...I guess I'll wait and see if I can iron out some of this stuff...It's gonna be a while before I get in game again....I may be in TS by Sunday...maybe....lol

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:55 pm
Looks like you got one of them there fancy boards  Shocked

The manual doesn't seem to have alot of info on the two controllers.  I would give asus support a call and see if they can walk you through it.

Other than that make sure to put the two ssd on the first 2 sata ports then plug the external drive into one of the usb 2.0 ports in the back (not the blue ones).  Then make sure bios is set up so it is configured to run only on intel controllers.

You shouldn't need to load any raid drivers, windows 7 already contains the drivers necessary for raid when using the intel controllers.

Also everything needs to be fresh when installing ssd in raid, follow the procedure layed out from the manufacture (check there forums).

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:49 pm
Thanks MisterMadd! I did all this...I actually unplugged EVERYTHING except my keyboard, moust and 2 monitors and 2 DVD-ROM's..I went out and bought a 3 TB HDD (External) and going to see if my onld one is on it's way out...

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:12 pm

ARRGGHHH wrote (View Post):

Try removing the drive form the housing and plug it straight into the board.

The controller in the enclosure could be failing or the drive it self.

I had one like that a few months ago and had to send back for warranty replacement.

UPDATE: Arrgghhh was right on the money!!!!

After more trouble shooting, it wasn't my set up or configuration after all. The Drive itself is failing. It would come on for a bit, on all my computers, then after a while or in efforts to transfer (unsuccessfully, due to it keep timing out or crashing) it FAILS!!  I ran the WD Data Life Guard Diagnostics, it passed on the first "quick" scan, but failed miserbly on the "Extended" Scan...got an Error 08 multiple bad sectors found...or something like that...Oh well...

Some how now, I have to transfer my stuff, a little at a time...all 1 TB's of stuff...Good thing, I had most of it backed up on another internal 1 TB drive...you never know...I since then, purchased a new 3 TB External drive and will slowly transfer what I need off it...then I can sent it to Karow, as he is looking for a good Paperweight!, or was it silentwolf who wanted a paperweight?.....lol....

Anyway, I am back up on my Desktop, but got called to go play with my trains today on my day off....geesh, no fun for me yet....see ya soon!

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 pm
Glad to see you got everything worked out!  Very Happy

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 pm
Ok, before I post a new post, I'll post in my existing post.

Not sure where to post this, Logitech or ASUS. So I'll try both I guess. I'm assuming it' my MOBO, but.....

First, this may have been an issue for me before and didn't notice it much as I had such a slow start up. When the computer would start up before, I would hear the USB devices getting recognized ( I would hear the windows "Device Connected" sound) Now that I have 2x120GB SSD drives in a RAID 0 configuration, the computer boots up nice and fast! However, now with that all said and done, Some of my USB devices are very slow to be seen by the MOBO. When I am up and going, I can't use my keyboard at all for almost 1 min. Then it get's recognized. I can, however, unplug the device and plug it back in to the USB port and it's fine.

The Device in question here is the Logitech G-15 (original one) Gaming Keyboard.

Also have a similar issue with the Network connection, but that comes on after 5 seconds or so....