Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

How did you get your names?

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:41 pm
My nickname is George. My father-in-law loved Bugs Bunny cartoons (so do I) and he especially liked the on with Sylvester and his big cat friend, Benny. Benny called Sylvester George because "...I can't say S-s-s-s-sylvester, George". I used to repeat the lines from this cartoon to my wife so she started calling me George.

When I started playing MOHAA I tried to surprise my son but I wanted a name I knew he would recognize so I used George Impulsive, another family joke with my kids. My MOHAA clan (Older Than Dirt) used to play with The Black Ducks and they christened me George of the Jungle, which led to Jungle George. But I still love the image of Sylvester and Benny. I even had a sig with Sylvester.

"Go and catch me a mouse, George, or i will have to do mean things to you, like rub your fur the wrong way!"

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:26 pm
My internet profiles have always been Regina or Regina Rifles for gaming and message boards. Mind you I've only being online gaming since COD2 which is like yesterday compared to the others here.
My uncle Andrew was with the Regina Rifles Regiment during WWII landing on Juno beach first wave on D-Day. His landing craft hit a mine that killed nearly all aboard, but he was able to swim after dumping his kit and got hold of a rope trailing one of the swimming takes making it's way to the beach. The Regina Rifles, nicknamed "The Johns" because most were farmers from Saskatchewan, were the only unit to make their objective on D-Day and also penetrated farther inland on D-Day than any other Allied unit that landed on the beaches of Normandy. Far enough that they were surrounded and attacked for 2 days by Panthers and infantry of the 12th SS, who they defeated. Unfortunately my uncle was killed July 4, 1944 while the Johns were supporting an attack on the Carpiquet airfield.
My dad was very young at the time and his family never spoke about it, so I knew nothing of my uncle but was always interested. I started researching on the net around 1999 and if I needed a username always chose Regina. Not very common so it's rare that the name is taken. It's also the name of the home city of the regiment, so many online players from Canada think I live there but I don't. I also belong to the Royal Regina Regiment Association and attend most reunions as a member. I've been to Noramandy and have covered every beach from Sword to Utah.

...........and that's about it.  Laughing  Laughing

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:52 am
Have always been a great admirer of the Marines (even though my Dad is Navy).  Live in So. Cal for many years and took many trips to Camp Pendelton and met many Marines.   Have never met a Marine I didn't like - including my husband - hence the name Marinelover.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:54 am
I worship the devil and feel tht i am a spawn of satan himself, so thts how i became Demon667

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:17 pm
I'm a fan of Iron Maiden, they wrote a song- Man on the Edge. I used to have that name in bf2 and some other games but for WaW it was too long so I shotened it.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:23 pm
I use to be luke115 but I was asked to shorten it under our old rules.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:26 pm
I served 23 years in the submarine force and most of the Commanding Officer's would say "Dive Take Her Deep" when we would go deep. shortened it to fit most games to TakerDeep

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:29 pm
Played a lot of basketball with my 2 boys during their high school and collage days. I would warm up and stretch alot ( being old and all 42-43) So when the movie came out "White men can't jump"... Billy Hoyle (Woodie Harrelson) would act like he couldn't play and stretch like a goof . My boys started to call me "Billy Hoyle".

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 pm
Well my grade school friend called me astro because I have whats called a widows peak (Eddy monster hair cut) anyways he chose that name for me because I resembled Astro boy from the 1980's cartoon and its stuck with me all my life. All my friends call me Astro and sometimes even my parents and sister. Smile

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:08 pm
I live with my family and there all weird. I sometimes can relate to what Alice must have felt in wonderland so when I was thinking up a name for some other game i still had this in the back of my mind and it just clicked. L.C. is due to the fact that i thought the writers Initials.

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be evil.

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:54 pm
My nickname is Chach57 , minus the numbers, which is what my friends call me because it is the first syllable of my last name which is Ciaccio. Not to be confused which chachie from the show Happy Days.  Very Happy

Thanks to all who serve or have served
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:47 pm
mine is from my first name and the # of games i had at the time simple but sad i know. knife to see you

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:01 pm
My dads name is Purple (short for Purplepeopleeater) and i wanted to play Black ops too so i had to use his gamename and on TS i when i logged on id have to say "its purples daughter playing for a bit" and someone said that i should be called MiniPurple.....and its stuck ever since, simples Smile

Mini Yet Mighty !

In Omnia paratus

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 pm
Just noticed that I have not posted in this thread yet!   I got my nickname "KULA" in college, which came from a truncation of my last name.  Most of my close friends and Fraternity Brothers from those days still call me Kula.  I also started doing some extreme power-lifting in college too, and that is where the "MONSTER" part got tacked onto my nickname.   (750lbs on the "lead sled" leg press and 2 of my Frat Bros sitting on the top of the machine as I cranked out reps yelling words that can't be mentioned in a Polite and Friendly atmosphere!!)   Needless to say when I started on-line gaming with Counter Strike Source, Kula was not available, so I went with Kulamonster!  Somehow things got messed up in BF2 and I could not use Kulamonster, so I went with Kulamonster3, but I have since returned to just Kulamonster with the COD series and BF3.  If you are talking to me on TS, you can just use Kula as my handle...or as some guys pronounce it Kahlua...LOL!

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:58 pm
I am retired from the NYPD after 20 yrs. of service and was active at 9/11.  When I was asked by some friends about how I felt after that I replied that if I was a piece of "Toast" you would be scraping all the black stuff off of me because I basically was burnt out and looking forward to retiring in 2003.  It also means that I raise a "Toast" to all my opponents and to my brothers in arms.