Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Custom COD4 Maps!!

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:00 pm
Take a look at these maps most are junk but a few seam like fun maps.

COD4 Maps CLICK HERE

Luke

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:06 pm
Looks to me like a lot of these maps are first gen maps created by people still learning the mapmaking program. You're right about some of them looking pretty good but it's really difficult at this point to be able to tell how good a map is from the one screen shot they're posted.

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:50 pm
This is like BHD maps download them and try them out. Hopefully onces you download them you can edit them again to make them just the way you want them. With that said this seams like a great place to go to for ideas.

Luke

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:39 am
well they look great  we are currently trying out the editor ourselvs so hopefully soon we will have a couple of our own to try

downside is we need a unranked server to try them

this is something we will have to look into

GOA.Grim*BK*

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:10 pm
Ok, I'm kinda confused about this ranked/unranked server concept with CoD4. I know that with EA Games they had ranked and unranked servers but I always thought that was because of the centralized ranking and scoring system with EA's master server, you know ...kind of like keeping everyone on a level playfield so the ranks/scores, etc would be fair and unbiased (theoretically all earned fair and square Rolling Eyes ). I am also under the impression that with CoD4, all your ranks/stats/unlocks/etc are only kept on your system, not a central server like EA does. If all that is true, where or how does the ranking system come into play with CoD4 servers? It seems a shame that they come out with mapmaking tools (and the potential for some really great looking and fun maps to play) and then set their servers up so you can't use them and still be a "ranked" server.  We would very much like to use custom maps, as I'm sure *BK* would but if that's going to mean not having a "ranked" server, then what's the point?

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:08 pm
Well morgue i'm with you about been confused but here is what i can gather, in a ranked server you can gain xp points unlocking new weapons and ect i, but with a non-ranked server you can have it setup so that all weapons and ability are availible or only certain ones the choice is yours, so it basicly puts everyone on a level playing field with a 50 cal sniper rifle its you ever shoots fires that wins unless your grim where its other person that wins lol. any way i hope this helps

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:41 pm
Hi all
like you all know now that custom maps only work on a modded server so to install the new maps we would need to mod the bad karma/ccc server
maybe (maybe) thjre will be a solution for this on patch 1.5( i only hear gossip about sollution on the patch)
problem with non ranked server is only that every time you need to chose gun and perks again and again
anyway one thing is true soon ranked servers will be history almost all will be level 55 and so no more use for ranked server
if in future the server run great and the co-op works fine i will add second cod4 server on our dedi

well cya all laterz

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:26 am
now that i can make some custom maps and have learnt at least some of the basics has anyone got any maps they ideas for maps that you would like to include in a map or even a idea for a whole map, you can pm me or simply post here but we will hopefully have a custom map available for download soon

*soon is a period of time determined by me when i know how long the map will take to finish

It is Going To Hurt
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:26 am
How about converting some of famous *BK* BHD maps to Call of Duty 4 maps?

*I came, I saw, I conquered!*
*BK* Member since 2004
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:57 pm
hey destroyer thank for that great idea, but there is one small problem i never played bhd or at least not enough to know any of the maps
but i'll do my best from wot i remember

It is Going To Hurt
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:26 pm
Hey Destroyer, that is a great idea........anyone know if this can be done? I've recently downloded the mod tools and patch but haven't really had the opportunity to play with them yet so I don't really know what can and can't be done.

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:30 am
Well morgue as far as i can tell almost any thing can be done its just knowing and finsing out how to do it witch is limiting us but visit modsonline.com for some tutorials and help, but just so you know some of the information can be found in the other cod mapping sections it seems to be done in the same way as the original

It is Going To Hurt