Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Shotgun Friday... Every Friday?

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:49 pm
Spacepiggios' Shotgun Friday seemed to go over well - for members and guests alike. I enjoyed the deviation from the regular it, and would like to do it every week.

Yay/Nay? Late-ish notice to do it tomorrow, but I'd be happy to try to get it going.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:43 pm
Hi Abram - I see it posted on the calendar for the couple of weeks.
I do think that scrolling messages should be put out as I noted a lot of complaints last Friday - the main query was whether it was shotguns on both servers or just server 2.
I notice spacepiggio hopping between the two servers like a mad person and wished I could helped.
~ Uchi

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:17 pm
Oh cool. I looked before i went to work and no more were listed.

Huzzah!

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:51 am
Yes! I might have a little more time to play

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:58 am
The only thing that would make this sooooo much better would be rotating game modes....

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:22 am
Yes, hopefully we can get that sorted out today.

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:13 pm
The "shotgun fridays" have really been fun. Did not participate this past Friday becuase it was my weekend to work, but, I will be there this coming Friday! Hopefully this will continue on Fridays!

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:47 am
Geez, It didn't even cross my mind this past Friday. I are stoopid.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:15 am
I really enjoyed shotgun Friday! 2 previous comments hit the nail on the head and would make it better. The scrolling text really is a must. Peeps in server 1 were yelling at each other and demanding kicks for not using shotguns when it was server 2 that was shotguns only. These were regular guests that also seemed to thoroughly enjoy a change. Once that got sorted, everything seemed to run like clockwork. And if we're first going to have å change, the rotating gametypes would be å real break from constant TDM. But consider dropping sabbotage cos sitting around dead for half the match is, well, "bottom" to put it Polite & Friendly. And FFA can be å hoot! Why not have an hour or so to stretch the legs after hour upon hour of crouching? Get lightweight and marathon pro and let some steam off? Just for å few maps, once every Friday?

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:35 pm
Ok, now it's Friday and shotguns are out in force, but are there any set rules for this yet on server 2?
My understanding is shotguns only for main weapon. No pistols. no xbows, no lethal nades.
Claymores & C4 ok?
All killstreaks allowed? No non a/c lock launchers? The server I'm in atm is kinda messy, not even all BK members are completely in agreement?
Is not using a shotgun a kickable offence? How do the warnings work, no way to keep track of number of warnings?

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:49 pm
Great idea to have it every Friday.  Count me in.

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:32 am

UNBOUND wrote (View Post):

Ok, now it's Friday and shotguns are out in force, but are there any set rules for this yet on server 2?
My understanding is shotguns only for main weapon. No pistols. no xbows, no lethal nades.
Claymores & C4 ok?
All killstreaks allowed? No non a/c lock launchers? The server I'm in atm is kinda messy, not even all BK members are completely in agreement?
Is not using a shotgun a kickable offence? How do the warnings work, no way to keep track of number of warnings?

Everyone seems pretty satisfied with the rules set in the first Shotgun Friday started by Spacepiggio. Though there was still a bit of confusion over Second Chance and Claymores.

The rules, as seemed to be agreed upon:

Only Shotguns for Primary weapon.
Only Ballistic knife for secondary.
Claymores and C4 allowed.
All killstreaks allowed
No pistols, explosive grenades, or crossbows.
No Second Chance - all other perks allowed.

Standard crouch rules apply, of course.

Uh , i think that covers everything except for C4. I'm of two mind about this;  it can thrown pretty far, making it similar to to explosive grenades. Personally, I'd prefer to exclude Claymores and C4 altogether, pretty much make the event nothing but shotguns/blades/tac nades/killstreaks.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:35 am
Sounds like a good plan. Can we get auto text with these rules during gameplay on Fridays to save any confusion for both BK members and our regular guests?

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:04 pm
THat would be nice.  Though if there's a snag in getting all that siwthced over, I can substitute. I use AutoHotkey for my HTPC setup, and It appears to work with Black Ops. I was thinking of setting it up to send the rules every 2 minutes or so.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:46 pm
Well volunteered, that man! A credit to the uniform! I'll see round a corner next friday then, looking forward to it  Very Happy