Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

Heroes and Generals - Clan Keys

Interested in Keys for Heroes and Generals??
Yes
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Maybe
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
No/Not necessary
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:52 pm
interested, but don't know how much time I can put in the Beta right now.

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:42 pm
I think that's the beauty of a Beta bigconn...play at your leisure.

Quick note to all - I figured with 13 yes/maybe votes and possible stragglers or friends wanting to play, I asked for 20 Beta keys. Those that were interested get first dibs when I get them and anything left-over can be for those that may be interested after that.

Taz

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:11 am
Count me in Taz.  Thanks for looking into this for everyone!

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 am
Agree with Blue!! Thx for your time and effort Taz for looking into this for your fellow clan members...Thats what BK is all about. Very Happy

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:45 am
interested in this  Cool

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 am
definitely - thank you!

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:58 pm
Alright ladies and gentlemen, I have received the following e-mail from Reto for Heroes and Generals.  I will follow this up with a PM and the clan Beta key for those that responded that they were interested.  If when I am done PM'ing, we have some slots left, I will then post it "publicly" in this forum.

Thanks for all the requests and positive feedback for helping with this...I actually feel very good that I could help my fellow clan brothers and sisters in trying this out!!!

Bad Karma has been selected to be Beta-players for Heroes & Generals, and below you'll find activation links to your clan Beta-key.

This key holds 20 tickets, which means that you can activate 20 registered user-profiles to be valid Beta user-profiles.

Please read the following and spread it to your fellow clan members:

The purpose of inviting you as Beta-players is that we believe you're able to give us some very valuable feedback and at the same time understand the technical issues and hiccups we might have at this very early time in the development process.

The performance, graphics, physics gameplay and sound is still not optimized and not final. Furthermore there will be periods of time, where the servers are unavailable due to maintenance or crashes and you should also expect the servers from time to time to be more laggy than others. But please report any crash- or stability-bugs you may encounter.

Throughout the development process, we really need you to play this game a lot, and we also need to play this game a lot with you. We've seen that many new Beta-players join one time, try the game and then leave and don't come back. We're really dependent of your opinion and continuous feedback, as well as seeing how the game plays out with other players than ourselves.

Please make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date and that you meet our minimum requirements, take a look here:
User Guide - Getting Started

Activation information
Register a new player and paste or type in the Clan-key in the "Alpha/beta key" field:
https://account.heroesandgenerals.com/registerplayer.aspx

If you previously have registered a user, go here to log in, and subsequently type in the Clan-key after login:
https://account.heroesandgenerals.com/useinvitation.aspx

After activation, go here to access and play Heroes & Generals:
http://game.heroesandgenerals.com/

The game installs and downloads automatically when you have logged in.

If you for some reason can't log in, please go here for support:
http://support.heroesandgenerals.com/

We hope that you'll be able to look through the rough edges and see this as an opportunity to influence the development of Heroes & Generals and help us make the game you want to play!

See you on the battlefield!
The Heroes & Generals Team

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:35 pm
Ok I am registered. Now it makes us choose a side when we first log in. I did not yet, but I figured we are all choosing American. Yes?

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:02 pm
We certainly can, as I think that is the side that is underpopulated and it would be best to be on the same side for comm and teamwork purposes.  I also think, but I am not sure, that "between wars" you can pick/switch sides and I think from a beta standpoint, it would be beneficial to play both sides.

Taz

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:41 pm
Anyone try this yet?

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:08 pm
Nope...I am still at work...then out to birthday dinner with the wife.  I won't be on until late tonight and that may only be to register.  For sure will be playing tomorrow night!!!

Taz

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:14 pm
I was in it for about an hour this morn. It's pretty neat. Maps look to be large ones. You have to adjust your scopes and adjust your shots for the gravity. It's different but fun. I died a bunch. I went in as US and the US has Blue dots above our guys. The Germans have red, but theirs dont show much.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:37 pm
BUMP

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:56 pm
GUMP,
Right there with ya!! I played for a bit after setting it up last night.  I was able to do some infantry for a little bit and that will take some getting used to, but shouldn't be too bad.  I was then able to try an M18 Hellcat tank destroyer...WOW!!!  That was some serious fun.  I was able to take out two Stug III's and a Pzr III and, with it's speed, I was able to get behind the enemy and cap some flags!!!

I will definitely be giving this some more looks this weekend and maybe see if we can get some others on to try some team play.  Let me know some times that you guys/gals are available and we can coordinate some times and jump on TS.

Taz

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:07 pm
I'm hoping to get it installed tonight and give it a go.