Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Razer Carcharias headset issues.

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:07 pm
So my pair of Razer Carcharias headset wont let me go louder than 50% in the volume mixer.  If i do go above it and sort of explosion or loud sound from the headset causes me audio to cut out.  I have to go out of the game/program and disable/enable them.  Any idea what this could be?  

They are pretty new(less than 6 months) and ive always had this issue.  Using Speakers is fine and they go to 100%, but the headset doesnt like to do it.

I should say i have Win 7 64 bit, a gigabyte mobo, and i have no idea what case.  I am using onboard sound in the back jack(Speakers) and the front jack for my headphones.

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:27 pm
Have you tried plugging the headset into the read jacks?

I am guessing your onboard sound is Realtek audio.  Try going to their site to upgrade drivers/software.

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:54 pm
not sure what audio drivers i have.  it just says High Definition Audio.

Its not really a big deal, but games where i have the headset for sounds, sometimes makes it difficult to hear important things like footsteps, especially when people are throwing nades or shooting AWPs

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:00 pm
Like I said(or tried to say but said "read"), plug the headset into the rear jacks and test them out.

Also go to this link and follow the instructions.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5795705_onboard-sound-driver-need.html

I personally am no longer using a sound card or onboard audio.  I just picked up the Creative Alpha Tactic3d usb headset and it works great.  As far as speakers go I also just bought the Logitech G510 keyboard, which utilizes usb audio also.

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:28 am
My Razer Carcharias is breaking. Ive lost 2 Razer keyboards in less than 6 months of eachother because of brokens keys.
For the headset, the wiring is loose and I seriously right now have the wire taped UP on the left headphone, just to get sound out of the left ear, or it'll be right headphone sound only.
My Razer Lycosa Special edition keyboards have also been trashed, first the space bar was actually broken, then went and got a new one. On the 'new' one, the left shift key, and the Z key were trashed.
No more Razer for me, in my opinion, its crappy plastic.
Logitech, I'm on my way.

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:57 am
The letter on the C key rubbed off on my Razer Lycosa.  So now it is a backup keyboard.  On this computer I use the Logitech G15v2 keyboard and the Logitech G5v1 mouse.  On my gaming rig I use the Logitech G510 keyboard, which I just bought and am having trouble adjusting to, and the Logitech G500 mouse.

The reason I am having issues adjusting is because of the G keys.  I am used to the size of the Lycosa, so I've found I actually need to leave the G key area hanging off the desk for me to be comfortable.

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:06 pm
ty tet.  i have deduced(from your suggestions) that its just a poor quality jack.  Time to finally leave the world of onboard graphics, and get a dedicated sound card.  perhaps some 7.1 sweetness.  I want the windows to break when i throw a frag lol.

Also as far as Razer goes.  I have that headset(no problems with it, just the stinkin jack on the front of my case) and the Death Adder mouse.  I love my Razer stuff.  I will admit the mouse feels a little odd, especially when i first got it but now i love it.

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Sheepdawg wrote (View Post):

ty tet.  i have deduced(from your suggestions) that its just a poor quality jack.  Time to finally leave the world of onboard graphics, and get a dedicated sound card.  perhaps some 7.1 sweetness.  I want the windows to break when i throw a frag lol.

Also as far as Razer goes.  I have that headset(no problems with it, just the stinkin jack on the front of my case) and the Death Adder mouse.  I love my Razer stuff.  I will admit the mouse feels a little odd, especially when i first got it but now i love it.

Well it may simply be a driver/settings issue.  Head to that link to figure out what your onboard sound is.  From that point we can find drivers and settings that could be changed that may fix the issue. If it IS Realtek and we can get the drivers updated, there may still be a problem.  I can possibly help with that too.