Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

My impressions and views

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:24 pm
Battlefield 3 the long awaited but worth it multiplayer game of the year for me. I have only had a small chance to play but I have tried all the classes. I have a small review on each of them as far as the beta goes at least.
Assault:
This class can be very effective in the right hands but unfortunately it seems to be a 50/50 chance to who gets the kill in an encounter, i didn't get chance to play a lot with this class but i did enjoy it, the effectiveness of the weapons was nicely balanced considering this is soft-core mode but as far as kills to deaths the majority of people playing in the class seemed to be hitting around 1.4 (kills) to 1 (death). the assault class is also he medic class which makes a nice change from the previous battlefields as this alls medics have a good fighting chance as are usually on the front lines so been able to med teammates or even revive them once the defibrillator is unlock if a good advantage. Don’t worry if you are not very good at assault just supply your team with med packs and those points just keep rolling in but bearing in mind that every play playing as assault has the ability to do it, so those medding point get split quickly.

Engineer:
I have only played a couple of minutes in this class as it is rather obsolete within the beta as there is no vehicles but these guys do have rpg's etc which are great for creating door ways that do not appear on the blueprints, or even removing obstacles like trees or support beams. with in the beta i noticed players using them to get just one kill basically it over kill but if used right they can take out whole squads of players.
in the full games this class will be much more useful as there will be vehicles to repair, shoot down or blow-up in general

Support:
Now every one like to know that their back is covered well with the support class you can lay down plenty of suppression fire and reload teammates at the same time, with this version of battlefield points are given for suppressing an enemy with fire but as before you get points for resupplying you team. if your suppression fire does not allow you teammates to get to a position to kill the enemy then don't worry it won’t take long to destroy the cover they are using, the supports weapons tend to be heavy mg's but also they can unlock the ability to set claymores and c4 creating traps or just covering their back. Again unfortunately i haven't got use to the heavy mg's the resupplies rack up them points.

Recon:
The dreaded or the loved class. as with most battlefield games a lot of players play as recon for the one shot on kill aspect but, but this class is not really equipped for close quarter, but this doesn't stop them getting luck and in the beta shooting from the hip gives them a fighting chance considering it usually a one shot one kill especially from the close range. Now in my opinion this class has an unfair advantage with the unlocks, as each one increases the likelihood of getting a pinpointed head shot. I found in the beta I was been killed by sniper fire literally as I spawned from the back end of the map by players that had unlock just the a further level of weapon where with the basic weapon I found it difficult to find them never mind shooting them before I was waiting to spawn in again.

Generally:
in general considering this is still in beta there are a couple of issues for instance bodies flying around like penguins on ice, but the games run smoothly no matter which server I played on, and I never noticed any body running on the spot unless the server had crashed. Now to get on to the battlelog subject i know lots of people don't like it but I’m in favour of it. The battlelog gives players all their stats and their friends etc and has removed menus resulting in now advertising videos at the beginning and login screens. But there is a down side, setting up your classes, controls and setting now has to be done while in a game as far as i have found.

one of the other nice feature that has been introduced is the platoons, allowing you to basically request to join and the creator to accept or deny but it gives all the members the same clan tag creating uniform look, also I am unsure on this but may also prevent teams having the same clan tags meaning there are no imposters posing as members.

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:49 pm
Yea, I dont mind the battlelog feature as a way to get into the game, I just wished you could configure binds and stuff from the site.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:56 pm
Thx for a great post, MrT.

Sabo.

CPU: Intel Core i7 960  @ 3.20Gz
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage Gene lll
GPU: Asus 6950 2Gb
RAM: 6Gb
HD: Corsair F-120Gb SSD+ WD 1Tb Black.
Case: HAF-X Big tower.
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:54 pm
Awesome post Mr-T!  Well done!

I agree that the game is well thought out, balanced (mostly) and fun to play.  I am also pleased to note that if you want to play a "run and gun" game, you won't do as well in this game as the Modern Warfare series.  I have played matches of the BF3 beta where the defenders worked together and simply annihilated the attackers!  Vice versa, the attackers swarmed past the defenders and were in the subway before the defenders even knew they were under attack!  Team play is rewarded in BF3 and will take players further than the lone wolf route.  This is one of the things I like best about the Battlefield franchise.

Can't wait for the full release!