Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

The fun I had with NewEgg

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:36 pm
In case you all had not heard I had purchased a new computor from new egg in part form. After a month it failed to boot up after it shut down with out warning. I didnt have a computer so I couldnt contact new egg in any other form  other then by phone.When i did call once I knew what the issue was (motherboard) I explained the delay being I had  to save money to have a tech look at it I got a story that my account was flagged due a fraud issue.Hmmmm, I said what is the issue I asked? I was told they cant talk to me about it as the rep didnt have the info and some one would call me or email me. Well so i waited a few days to be called, remeber I didnt have a computer ( I have since got a cheap lap top that dosent play any games) and no email, no call. I did the live chat with a person named Terry, and this is what was said;
5:57:01 PM :  Connected with Terry. Your reference number for this chat session is 2746212.

5:57:01 PM :  Hello my name is Terry. How may I help you today?

5:57:12 PM : wayne kowal: hi terry

5:57:48 PM : wayne kowal: I contacted by phone last week a rep from your company

5:58:51 PM : wayne kowal: I had bought a whole computor by indvidual parts from you guys had it a month and the motherboard died'

6:00:26 PM : wayne kowal: I tryed to get it replaced and ran into the rep telling me there is a hold on my account due to a fraud flag and some one would contact me .but I have yet to be contacted.So I want to know what is going on?

6:01:06 PM : Terry: I would be glad to assist you with that... Can you please give me one moment while I look into this for you?

6:01:13 PM : wayne kowal: ok

6:03:01 PM : Terry: Thank you for holding. The Newegg return period for this item is 30 days from the original invoice date. Unfortunately, this item is past the return period by 53 days. You may be able to take advantage of your end user warranty by contacting the manufacturer for a replacement. Their phone number is 1-626-854-9338, their website is http://www.gigabyte.us since it is under their 3 years warranty for labor and parts.

6:04:00 PM : wayne kowal: you are not following me,Why is or was my account flagged and what is the fraud issue?

6:05:06 PM : Terry: The account owner called in to block this account since order # 120337843 was placed without the owner's authorization.

6:05:53 PM : wayne kowal: I am the owner I never called any one'

6:06:41 PM : Terry: I show your account has been unblocked.

6:06:56 PM : Terry: You may contact the manufacturer to get a replacement from them.

6:09:13 PM : wayne kowal: well no thanks to your helpful company I had to do that, My point when I called was this issue happened 10 days after your 30 day return expired,I stated I had to save up money to get a tech to look into the issue,so when I called to state that I was given the flag story.I had hoped you guys could have worked with me on this'

6:10:55 PM : Terry: I apologize about that. Please be advised the item is under the manufacturer's 3 years warranty for labor and parts. If they are unable to help you, you may contact us back with the name of the agent you spoke to and a case number so that we will further assist you.

6:12:21 PM : wayne kowal: seems like I got a run around and given a fake story and you pretty much confirmed it was.I had been a loyal costomer but this has given me a bad taste in my mouth and feel the company took my money and dosent care about me after the fact

6:13:21 PM : Terry: I apologize about that. However, that item is under our 30 days return warranty only. If you contact the manufacturer they will replace it for you.

6:14:29 PM : wayne kowal: I did .have sent it out but I feel your company should have helped me out more seeing it was only 10 days after the 30 had expired

6:14:59 PM : wayne kowal: considering no one has contacted me about the flag issue

6:15:16 PM : Terry: Unfortunately, we could only replace it for you if it is still within our 30 days return warranty.

6:15:53 PM : wayne kowal: really? no room to work with custumers?

6:17:01 PM : Terry: Please contact the manufacturer for a replacement because it is under their 3 years warranty. If they cannot help you, please contact us back with a case # and the name of the agent you spoke to so that we can further assist you.

6:18:49 PM : wayne kowal: well dont worry about it,your customer support stinks and I will no longer be abuying anything from you guys and I will be letting everyone I know how fairly you helped me out

6:19:31 PM : Terry: I am sorry to hear that and I apologize that we are unable to help you with that. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

So if you read that thier answer to the fraud flag was that I called to block  my account because I didnt auth the purchase that purchased!
I called them on it saying that I didnt call anyone and  Terry ignored it. Now I am not telling you all that you should never buy from them again and before this I had not any issue. I am saying that if you do buy from them and you do have a issue that dosent get resolved , dont say I didnt warn you.As for me I will never,never,never buy from them AGAIN!

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:01 am
Got to love Customer Service these days. I manage a Heating and A/C - Refrigeration Supply House, I work with my customers all the time, because I believe the customers are always right and I go that extra mile... Sorry you had such bad luck Brother..

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:58 am
Geez, those almost seem like Bot responses.

Nothing cheeses me off quite like poor customer service. On the whole, the larger a company is, and the more distant after-sales support is, the worse customers get treated. Many times, buying local is worth it.

I buy 90% of my computer stuff from NCIX.com and their sister site, directcanada. The one or two problems I've had with them, they bent over backwards to keep me happy. NCIX has a US sister site, but I'm not sure how they handle thei US business.

Kudos to you, Bighoss. Though, customers sometimes wrong.. the trick is to make them think they're right. Smile

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:52 pm
I can see the frustration you have but the two questions I have are were you outside the 30 days when you first contacted them and I use that same tactic when I dont have a good answer to provide a customer either.  If the information they ask you about isnt availible or just not accessable by you (security related stuff) then sidestepping the question to see if there is anything you can do to remidy other problems the customer may have is valid.  I supervise in a box retailer and get asked questions on information were not supposed to disclose all the time.  I would suggest sending a certified letter though to ask about the fraud stuff.

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:19 am
Yes I was outside the 30 days when it went bad. But like any good company would do they would still work with you,not make up a story that wasnt true just to avoid the hassle.What would be the big deal do help out a customer ? It is just a write off, I could see if it was like 6 months or so but it wasnt.

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:49 pm
I see this in 2 different ways - in my retail job I'd pretty much follow policy and apologize and give you the gigabyte info. and doing anything else is above and beyond (which depending on the situation might happen) but theyre just the middleman no entitlement to the customer.    Now gigabyte on the otherhand may be a little more responsive in giving you something to maintain brand loyalty.  In tech consulting/repair I may see what else I can do to help the customer along because its more of a direct reflection upon myself.  

Newegg has no responsibility to the quality of the products they sell - they dont manufacture them or do any Q&A on everything that comes in the door.  Now making up the BS story to cover all that to try and just deal with the customer thats a little much and thats where I would be upset

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:13 pm

CHUD wrote (View Post):

Geez, those almost seem like Bot responses.

Nothing cheeses me off quite like poor customer service. On the whole, the larger a company is, and the more distant after-sales support is, the worse customers get treated. Many times, buying local is worth it.

I buy 90% of my computer stuff from NCIX.com and their sister site, directcanada. The one or two problems I've had with them, they bent over backwards to keep me happy. NCIX has a US sister site, but I'm not sure how they handle thei US business.

Kudos to you, Bighoss. Though, customers sometimes wrong.. the trick is to make them think they're right. Smile

I've spent a lot of money at newegg.com over the years and have yet to have a bad experience.  All the things I've bought and I've only ever had to RMA two items,  One of which was a DOA video card which they crosshipped the replacement AND paid to have the broken one sent back.  The other was a motherboard I myself bricked on a botched bios flash.  The fact they accepted a customer bricked motherboard return was huge in my mind.  Not a lot of places will do that.

Lately I have been splitting my purchases between newegg.com and amazon.com depending on price differences.  You wouldn't think it, but Amazon has some pretty decent prices on computer parts and accessories.

As far as customer service goes, I am a shipping and receiving supervisor for a retail/grocery store at the Grand Canyon.  The National Park Service pays attention to everything we do.  So anything we need to do to keep the customer happy we have to do it.  Even if that means putting up with their stupidity on things that have nothing to do with us or sending them to our local competitor for an item we don't have.  I've handled returns over the phone where my GM told me don't worry about the item the customer has, just ship them a new one for free.  We've taken items back the customer has had for months and completely destroyed.  For us, since the government watches how we run the business, the customer truly is always right.  Even if that doesn't qualify in a normal retail situation.  So basically we do everything we can to avoid negative comments, even if that means losing money to make the customer happy.

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:54 am
Nuke 'em!!!!!!!!  Evil or Very Mad

You cannot talk yourself out of trouble you walked right into![color=green][/color]
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:47 am
I've had very good experience with NewEgg for replacement parts.  For example, I bought 3 monitors this summer, but didn't like the 3 screen look.  They took them back no questions asked.  For the whole computer experience try IBUYPOWER or CyberPower...