Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

How did you get your names?

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:13 pm
HUh! Now I have no idea were I got it.......................lol

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:58 pm
i use to work at a haunted house called the main street morgue and the owner called all the actors morgulett's so and i shortened it to morg to make it easier on here

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:42 pm
Very simple.

My height

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:53 pm
I chose SadSack317 as I was looking through Air Force nose art and found the photo for Sad Sack and because of the old cartoon.  I am not a run and gun type player and found that laying in wait for an ambush (camper) was more to my liking.  Not to say I don’t like to tactically move about and kill the enemy as well.  LOL, I found SadSack appropriate as there are some who don’t like campers.  The number designation was for the 317th Tactical Airlift Group at Pope AFB which was my first assignment in the AF.  Happy Gaming All!

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:51 pm
Wow....This is such an old string with some great info about my clan buddies.  Well worth a read.
For my part, my name is easy.  In Australia, there is a tradition of truncating people's names, then putting an "O" at the end of it.  For example, if your family name is Johnson, you'll be called "Johnno".  Jackson becomes "Jacko", Simpson becomes "Simmo" etc.
My family name is Flanagan......I've been called Flanno by my mates since I was a kid.

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:21 pm
Well I got my name from a misfortune.

If you don't know, I am a handicap play.  I lost the use of my right hand back in 1998.  I can use the hand, but can only push one button at a time, I can't move my fingers easily.

A place I worked at in 2000 my buddies called me "Slippery Shoe" because I had to wear shoes that did not tie because I could not tie my shoes.

Yeah, kinda mean, but we were buds and it was ok.  From that I just ended up with the name Shoe.  

These were buds of mine who played the original DOD.

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:07 pm
Well, saw this pop up guess I'll add mine.

When I first started playing games like on Carmen San Diego on Prodigy.net and Age of Empires online etc, my name was Beowulf
Well as games got more popular, especially rpgs etc, then the movies all came out it was hard to get that name first, and I REFUSE to add numbers to my name or bracket it with XxxX or anything like that

So in DDay:Normandy mod for Quake 2 my name was GenPATTON then Patton.

As to this name, idk but about 1995 when I was like 12 I was playing NHL or something on Sega probably, and created a whole team and wanted Russian sounding names and funny names

So I made
Watjalukinat
Hooyalukinat
Watjaduin

etc.

Watjalukinat (what ya lookin at) has stuck around with me for a while now.

I like sadsack's story, working on B52s I loved some of the nose art, my favorite was a plane tail number 1015, THe Last Laugh

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:19 pm
I got mine from the the two things I loved the most (other than my wife), my dog and my bike.

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:27 pm
My name comes from the company I co-founded Silexx. It is Latin for hard stone. My old game name was ProHobo, because I was sort of a ProHobo - did a lot of traveling around the world and back-packing.

However, what IS interesting is what comes to my mind when I hear or read these names or where I thought they may have come from. Sorry - no offense.... These are only a few that I remember and that I see online when I play sometimes.

tet - when ever I see that name I think Tet Offensive. It's a war game and maybe he was a Vet or something and that's what I thought.
Orck - when ever I see this name I think of the computer in the BBC show Blake 7 (it was a SciFi show that had a computer called Orack) So I thought he was a Blake 7 fan.
LADYHAWK - the movie, which I really enjoyed of the same name, comes to mind.
Braxis - I keep hearing Santana when I see this name.
Reddragon - I think of the movie Year of the Dragon (cop movie)
Watjalukinat - remember that candy bar, whatchamacallit?
Luke - "Let's blow this thing and go home!"  I just seem him dressed as Luke from Star Wars sitting at his computer. Even his voice sometimes reminds me of him.
Twofour - I can't help but think  "twofer"
WannaB - really a wanna be (like a guy driving a Fiero that wishes it was a Ferrari)
CapZac - I think this guy is always capping the flag first.
Rifledan - I start saying to myself "This is my rife, this is my gun. This one's for shooting, this one's for fun." <- Full Metal Jacket
Karow - Karow station in Berlin. I think he is German because I have been to Karow.
Schmak - Drugs!
OldYeller - Dog lover!
Immolation - World of Warcraft Spell
Trimmer - A girl's nickname I use to date.

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:54 pm
My name comes from some of my history and from a lack of good memory.  My brother and I went into the Army at the same time and were in the Delta 333 Devils company in basic training.  About 20 years ago I started using the name, but forgot there was three 3s, so I started using Delta33Devil, which is what I was using before BK got a hold of me on W@W.  Since adopting the tags I run with DeltaDev .

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:46 pm
The first name i got was Thunderfoot which was a fusion of Thunderdome ( a big concert/party in the Netherlands ) and Bigfoot ( i got size 13 since i was 15 ). Now i play under the name Luckstone. Was created when i started to play Second Life...

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:47 pm
i got my name from a PS2 game called SOCOM u.s. navy seals SPECTER was the team leader and also the definition of specter is a visible incorporeal spirit, especially one of a terrifying nature; ghost; phantom; apparition.
so i though that was cool

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:19 pm
I have used a TON of names. I was in a MOHAA clan and the Clan Leader wanted the "better" players to use the harder weapons because the server emptied when the good players dominated the new ones and "it gives new players a chance to have some fun". Sooooo I was encouraged to try a harder weapon, the KAR98 BOLTACTION Rifle. I got to like it sooo hence the name, BoltAction, which has been shortened to Bolt-BK- so the clan tags would fit Smile  NOW , in WAW  there are sooooo many good players I do not use the KAR98  as much because I get PWNED by all you great players out there (You know who you are). But I still like the name and TRY to run the KAR98, no scope, at times. Still like it :)

p.s. The name FootballGuy is probably what I SHOULD have used. Says it all Smile

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:04 pm
I used to play Counter-Strike from 2000-2001 or so.  During that time, I created two maps...de_tegea, and cs_ephyra.  I used the name 3DPunk because used to work as a 3D Architectural Illustrator, and
still freelance doing 3D work.  Where did I get the "Punk"?  Not sure...just seemed right at the time I guess.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:15 pm
My name was very easy started playing on line when i retired so took the name from my  old job a retired firefighter.