Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

How did you get your names?

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:21 pm
When I  first started gaming I kinda followed in my fathers footsteps, He was named Rasta, so he came up with the name, Dreadster

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 pm
only 2 names i've ever used. Tsunami and mindsaw. Is stoped with tsunami after the big one got Thailand and India. I thougt it wasn't appropriate anymore. Mindsaw is just a trackname on an old record i have somewhere........ Got it for almost 10 years now.....

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:27 pm
Looking for a unique name that wasn't taken.  After a bit of fooling around, I decided to use my "real" name.   JOSephARTHUr.
It's a combination of my first and second given name.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:53 pm
I guess I can update mine:

Abram is my actual name. I was too lazy and unimaginative to think of something else. Yes - it's my actual, legal name, and the only one I've had. Not Abraham.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:46 pm
My name comes from a David Mann rendering called Skeleton Rider.  It was shorted for W@W to SkulRydr.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 pm
I used a few different ones in BHD..mostly with Marine references..DesertRat,DesertVet,XIII, to name a few. When I started playing W@W I was 13th Legion. I chose that from the HBO series "ROME" Two of the main characters belonged to the XIII Legion. It was an actual highly decorated Roman Legion that ended up leading a march on Rome..The term" crossing the Rubicon"..if ya heard it before came from that.Having an Italian heritage as well as being a former Marine..I figured had I lived in that time era thats where I would of ended up!!

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:35 pm
Well, when I first started PC gaming about 13 years ago I started out with Voodoo Deathwish. The "Voodoo" is relevant to my past, and not as a voodoo practitioner   Shocked , but rather it is the name of the aircraft that I worked on when I was in the CDN Airforce with 416 SQN at Chatham AFB in New Brunswick. The CF 101 Voodoo and 416 SQN hold a special place in my life so it was only fitting that the name Voodoo comes alive. Now the Deathwish part was in memory of Charles Bronson (you young fellas might have to google that name  Wink ), but with most games that moniker was a bit too long so Deathwish got retired.

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:49 am
hmm that's interesting, if I did that I'd either be Stratofortress or BUFF, and while I may fit the description I don't want to be known as a BUFF

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:54 pm
well i have only gamed under two  names,  Meat and 0311Grunt.
Meat was a nickname given to me by some of my fellow marines as i stood 6 foot and 205 lbs while in the service which as some as you know is considered over weight bythe standards but anywho my first gaming name was Meat.
And when the clan I help start disbanded I stopped using the name Meat and went to my my MOS 0311 and slapped grunt on the back of it since rifleman and bullet sponge was to long Smile

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:13 pm
Most people really think that I took my name from the Disney character but that's really not the case here. It  come to me after hearing a mg on a plane that I was building out in a flying game called "Crimson Skies". It had a thump- thump- thump sound and it just kinda stuck with me.  This was my first online game that I needed a game name in and that was around 2000.  Now....the rest of the story! Razz

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:29 pm
My dad calls me O.C. and has since I was a little kid. I thought about using it and I have in the past. When I started playing BF3 my daughter was 3 and she loves Mickey Mouse. So I was talking to myself I guess and I was pondering a name for this game and she kept saying " mouse daddy mouse ", Funny part is she wanted to watch the Disney channel. So I decided to keep the name now I use it, dad still calls me O.C. that will never change and that is another story.

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:08 pm
@Mouse...Haha...talking to yourself...imagine that!!!

As for me...I used to collect a LOT of Tazmanian Devil Looney Tunes character stuff...that just stuck!!!

Taz

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:06 am
Back in the day when America's Army game  (http://www.americasarmy.com)  1st came out. Which if you have not heard of it, was around when MOH AA or Spearhead came out or the 1st COD game. And I had a basement set up with 4 pc's on cable back then. I would play with my sons and father and friends when they came over. And my sons wanted to be in a clan, so we came  out with GroundTrooper for me, XtremeTrooper for my youngest son, SwampTrooper for the oldest boy an GearpaTrooper for my dad. We would all join a server and people would say "Oh no it's the Trooper Clowns again." LOL        And that is why I'm a GroundTrooper,  not a cop.

]
Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:25 am
Thumper, you played CrimsonSkies? I did also, cool flying game. Wore out 2 joysticks!!
Considering I was born on the 4th of July, what other name could I use.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:55 am
I have used spanky and rhino and when I retired I wanted some of the students I pay against to know who I was so first three initials of my last name and my first name MulBarry.