Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

BF3blog Moderator Caught Hacking

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:53 pm
If cheating and hacking wasn’t a big enough of a problem in Battlefield 3 already, it turns out that one of the Battlelog moderators was caught hacking in the very same game he’s supposed to moderate.

If it wasn’t bad enough that there was just one more hacker in Battlefield 3, he was also promoted to moderator status by DICE, which gave him all sorts of privileges e.g. deleting forum posts in Battlelog, according to some reports. The player, who went by the name MrPopper777, has since been removed as moderator and his stats have been wiped.

If there ever was an indication of just how big the hacking problem in Battlefield 3 is, this was it. Not only did DICE fail to catch him, they promoted him. Coming across a hacker in Battlefield 3 is now a common thing. Reporting players on Battlelog doesn’t seem to be working, or at least working fast enough. Even a simple glance at the top leaderboards reveals a horde of hackers, cheaters and boosters, and yet, those players have been there for months.

DICE needs to take stronger measures against hacking in Battlefield 3, if it’s even possible at this point. PunkBuster can only do so much, as Battlefield 3 has no built-in anti-cheat system. To make matters worse, when hackers are found, usually only their stats are wiped, while their accounts remain free. They simply go on hacking under a different name.

If DICE can’t catch the obvious hackers who headshot teams across the map and get 200+ kills in a round, how can they ever catch the subtle hackers? The ones who hack just enough so they seem like very good players, and not hackers?

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 am
Can't say I am surprised!

You cannot talk yourself out of trouble you walked right into![color=green][/color]
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:09 am
As a current Junior Admin of Steambans(not trying to advert) but just saying...finding hackers really isnt hard.  Anyone here can go to the forums as the article stated, and point out hackers(let alone the forum posts that detail their BL profile, and the game results).  It just amazes me that DICE/EA/Punkbuster are so bad at doing work.  Say what you will about VAC, its slow but it does work.  Hackers in CSS vs hackers in BF3 makes me fell 1 of 2 opinions.  1 CSS is older so therefore hackers are more "underground", where as BF3 is brand new so hackers are "mainstream news".  Or 2, DICE etc just do not care.

Anyway, i havent touched BF3 in a few weeks, not because of hackers as i feel 100% confident in BKs methods of admining, but more because the venom and vitriol about BF3 and actually playing the game have kind of worn me out.  Kinda stinks cus the game is good, but ive been playing CSS, L4D and, dare i say, Minecraft.  

Anyway, back on topic.  Hackers are whack.  They will never be gone, and the only line of defense is the developers interest in that particular area.  I feel DICE overhyped a game(that i love, im just bored of) and their bodies cant cash the checks their mouths wrote.  And now a MOD hackers, come on.  Thats insane.

Anyway, ill be looking forward to their next set of DLC, or updates, or whatever. Twisted Evil

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 pm
I have always been a fan of VAC. PB is very in effective, and DICE needs to sit down and think out a plan to create a very effective way to eliminate hackers. It is impossible to eliminate hackers but with the amount of servers there should be double to triple the admins and while the Anti-Cheat does its thing and detects and bans the character, its up to the admins to kick/ban.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:15 pm
There should be away once ban your game is no good any more. The only way to get back in, is to buy a new game and start all over.