Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Tips and trick

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:03 pm
well i am going to hold my hands up and say i am very late in getting the game i have not been in a position to be able to afford it but i finally buckled, as i am a late comer to the game i was hoping to sede if anyone had and tips or tricks to help me progress through the first few ranks, or suggestions about what kits, classesw etc are good.

in waw i used the m1 grand as it usually resulted in one shot one kill but was also a semi auto allowing me to finish those off quickly before the escaped.

in black ops, i favoured the stoner23 and hk21 lmg as they had larger mag sizes and hit hard helping with quicker kills, but saying that i also used the L96A1 sniper rifle one certain maps

so any tips, trick and advice would be greatly appriecated.

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:02 pm
Well best advice is to squad up with a BK member and learn the ropes as far as points ect. the best way i found was be a medic or support and drop ammo/health kits great way to gain points as far as guns find what your comfortable with for the first few ranks and work on that class (medic support recon ect) untill you unlock some attachments then move on also co-op is great to learn the feel for game play also with the co-op missions it allows you some pretty sweet weapons you can unlock for use in the multi player anything else I can help with give me a shout and ill gladly help you along in the co-op portion of the game cheers Smile and happy hunting Very Happy

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:10 pm
Join me when in game.
Everything i do... don't do it... and you'll be a great player.
:D

Here's two interesting post by Silexx :

http://www.politeandfriendly.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=82180#82180
and

http://www.politeandfriendly.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10698

Hope it'll help you.

“ Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero “

Last edited by RifleDan on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:18 pm
lol dan

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:30 pm
Having played very littel of other Battlefield games online, i found the learning curve a little steeper than expected. At first, I was horrible at spotting guys, and i kept moving to fast and rushing into an ambush, or moving too slow and getting sniped or blown up. Just pay attention to players' habits and try to take unexpected paths. And cover your 6 - getting knifed in BF3 is a more shame-inducing than other games.

As for points: yes, squad up, heal, take flags, and drop ammo adn medic kits. You get an unlimited (far as I've seen) amount of ammo or medic drops and if you put them in common bottlenecks, you can really rake the points in. Also, any point that you gain whilst in a vehicle will count towareds unlocking upgrades for that vehicle, as well as your current kit. Sniping will glean the fewest points for you. Also use your Spot funtion often (defaul, tap the Q key when your generally aimed at a guy, or enemy vehicle, and it designates flags to defend/attack for your sqaud - if you are squad leader.

For weaponis and kits, I have come to love teh Support kit, as it has C4. And I've become very fodn of the cat adn mouse game of chasing down a tank on foot long enough to get close enough to place some explosives on it. For guns, just try them all. Though most of the Assignment unlocks are pretty sweet. And remwember tha all projectiles suffer the affects fo gravity.  And if you pick up someone elses' kit, you get teh entire thing - not jsut the weapon.

There's much to learn in teh game. Check out the "BF3 Mthys" videos on Youtube. There's a link aroudn this section somewhere...

Abd be prepared for some random disconnects, and dyign from a two-foot fall. Though your characters' speed seems to determine fall damage more than anything else...

And attend Bootcamps, of course.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:50 pm
Like CHUD said, the learning curve is massive with BF3 in comparisons to the other BFs.  Its very high pace and with the larger servers 64/64 it can get very frustrating getting killed from every directed.  I've learned that if you are going to camp, do it on the outsides of the map.  Insides of the maps, keep moving and keep a full clip.  The guns on BF3 are low power and high cycle rate.

Besides that, good luck and dont follow Astro, I kill him too much.   Twisted Evil

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:50 am

mr-t wrote (View Post):

well i am going to hold my hands up and say i am very late in getting the game i have not been in a position to be able to afford it but i finally buckled, as i am a late comer to the game i was hoping to sede if anyone had and tips or tricks to help me progress through the first few ranks, or suggestions about what kits, classesw etc are good.

in waw i used the m1 grand as it usually resulted in one shot one kill but was also a semi auto allowing me to finish those off quickly before the escaped.

in black ops, i favoured the stoner23 and hk21 lmg as they had larger mag sizes and hit hard helping with quicker kills, but saying that i also used the L96A1 sniper rifle one certain maps

so any tips, trick and advice would be greatly appriecated.

Yep Stand out in the open and let Karow shoot lots of bullets in ya and maybe a few RGPs just for a kicker

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:48 am
Astro is pretty dead on stick with a weapon you like and unlock its attachments; be in a squad and be active, whether its reviving, supplying ammo, taking points etc. As you rank up and unlock stuff you get more points; for example a star for you weapon gives you so many points. If your active at attacking you may die more but you will also get more points per round. The coop thing is also good. You do get some really good weapons and once you know how to do the mission, its just a matter of playing it enough to unlock them all. Get with someone who has played them before and knows the tricks.

"Do or do not there is no try!"