Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

BF3 to get Paid Subscription model?

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:55 pm
EA boss John Riccitiello recently spoke to analysts regarding Battlefield 3 — which sold 10 million copies — where he hinted at Call of Duty Elite, the paid subscription service for Modern Warfare 3. Riccitiello said:
“Frankly, I gave a compliment to one of our competitors. It’s got a subscription on the back end of an FPS title. I think that’s a best-in-class performance.”
He went on, saying that EA has been toying around with something similar, called Ultimate Team for its FIFA series. Riccitiello added:
“The reason this is such a fast-growing revenue stream for us is we’re identifying and implementing best practice across the range of our products, and you’ll see lots more to come including an announcement near term that Peter just alluded to.”
This “announcement” is supposed to be the new DLC announcement for Battlefield 3 which is supposed to happen this week. Could we see a paid subscription model akin to Call of Duty Elite? It could be a premium version of Battlelog, with access to all future DLC, much like Activision’s model.

If they figure out how stop all hacking, I'd be up for this...
Cap

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:46 pm
I think with a Battlefield 3 setting it will work for EA/Dice.  The "Call of Duty Elite" isn't even out on PC yet which in a lot of gamers minds is a huge fail for Infinity Ward.  Its not fair to PC gamers that console gamers have the Elite already and they still have to wait for something that's probably not going to happen.  To have a program like "Call of Duty Elite" but for Battlefield 3 on PC would be epic...I would pay $50 a month for it, BF3 is by far the best game I have ever played!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:37 pm
Bite your tongue, Terry.

Subscription services make me want to vomit, especially after not having one seince BF3s' release. THough I wouldnt be surprised to see somethign like Elite on DICEs' next BF game.

I'd pay upwards of 10 a month, but only if teh game itself, was free. But no one really does that - so if this happens, I'll certainly not buy into it. Thinking back and pining for the days of user-created map adn content makes me realize that the younger folks will ahve grown up with only having publishers suck money out of their pockets, and will be more suseptable to it, and maybe even expect it.

Time machine, please.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --