Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Darthslim (Hu_Flung_Puu) reporting for duty

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:36 am
Hi BK folks, I must be going senile, I was sure I introduced myself over a year ago when I registered on your forums, but looks like I did not. Some of you might recognize me from your COD:waw or COD:black ops servers; I've spent quite a lot of time there over the last couple years. Played as both Darthslim and Hu_Flung_Puu. Currently I'm playing BF3 as Hu_Flung_Puu. I was sure happy to discover BK has some BF3 servers, I hope to spend more time playing with you fine folks.

A bit about myself; I'm 41 and live in Nelson British Columbia and am a Professional Forester by trade. So I'm an outdoorsy type who also enjoys video games (FPS, realtime strategy and roleplaying, especially Fallout and Skyrim).

One potential issue I would like to nip in the bud right off the bat is my name, Hu_Flung_Puu. I was on your teamspeak this evening and there was some discussion regarding if this name was offensive or not. I understand some may see it as offensive, I can assure all of you that is not my intent, not at all. It came about as a sort of nickname a few years ago. My Brother lives in Taiwan and is married to a Taiwanese girl. A few years back while I was on a visit we began joking around that I should take a Chinese name, much like Asian people will often adopt an english name. Well (and yes there was beer and wine involved  Rolling Eyes ) my Sister-In-Law and a couple of her girl friends, with no objection on my part, settled on Hu_Flung_Puu and it has sort of stuck ever since (my brother ended up with "big wet noodle" I would say I came out ahead in that deal LOL Very Happy ). So it's intent is to be purely humourous. It is my in-game name only, on this and other websites I always register as Darthslim. Like the rest of you, gaming for me is an enjoyable passtime and I try not to take myself too seriously, though I do play competitively, thus my attempt at using a funny name.

I'm clean spoken on vent and on in game chat and always respect the rules of this, or any other server, I play on. If I misstep it is not intentional and a gentle reminder via teamspeak or in-game chat is all I'll need. I only need to be told once (well my wife might disagree on that point  Wink )

great servers, great admins, and a super cool community, keep up the good work BK and I'll see y'all on the battlefield!

Cheers.

Darthslim (Hu_flung_Puu)

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:40 am
Thank you for your support of our servers and TS. It was great to see you on there today. With a clan that has members from 22 countries some times things may seam offensive to some but not others. I do not believe there is anything offensive in your name.

Hopefully you will consider joining some day.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 pm
Thanks Luke, much appreciated.

I see I posted in the wrong sub-forum, I thought I posted in the general section, not technology.  Feel free to move this thread to the correct place if need be.

Silly me  Shocked