Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Weird issue with Keyboard.

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:43 pm
Hi, I have an ASUS Rampage II Extreme MOBO, with the lates BIOS update (ver. 2101). When I boot the Comp, I can get into BIOS and what not with keyboard (logitech G-15-original one). Problem starts when I log on to Windows. It takes over 1 minute for me to start typing or even being able to use my keyboard. I have tried other ports, still the same. I have tried other keyboards, still the same. The only one that I am able to use it a PS/2 style keyboard. All my other USB Devices seem to start up and run ok, it's only the keyboard. Also, I have tried other USB ports on PC as well.

I called ASUS, they were ready to RMA the MOBO for me, which I bought back in 2009!!! Then he said it could be a Microsoft issue..

Any ideas??

This all started when I switched to 2x120 SSD's in a RAID 0 Configuration, but was probably like this and didn't notice because I had to wait 3-5 minutes for the computer to start up. My computer will boot up and I can get on the web in about 15 seconds now, but can't use the keyboard.......

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:18 pm
I am thinking USB driver issues.

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:28 pm
I agree, that seems like the most likely culprit.  My only question would be, do you have the same problem with your other USB based devices (i.e. mouse, headset or speakers)?  Another thing to look at would be the Logitech software.  Did you do a clean install of your OS, or did you ghost it from another disk?

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:35 pm

bpmcmanus wrote (View Post):

I agree, that seems like the most likely culprit.  My only question would be, do you have the same problem with your other USB based devices (i.e. mouse, headset or speakers)?  Another thing to look at would be the Logitech software.  Did you do a clean install of your OS, or did you ghost it from another disk?

Clean install....all other devices are working as intended...It did it for 2 store bought USB keyboards as well...I tried (for Ha ha's) a Logitech G510 Keyboard and a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, both with the same results....Although, I'm going to try the MS one again and try something different....

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:21 pm
I would suggest checking drivers for all your stuff especially drivers for your mb.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:27 pm
Try changing your 'USB Legacy' option in your BIOS.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:48 pm

CHUD wrote (View Post):

Try changing your 'USB Legacy' option in your BIOS.

I've checked this setting, can't find it. All I have is USB Highspeed and enable and disable.....everything is Enabled and on High Speed. ASUS don't know and said everything I had in BIOS is correct....he thinks it OS causing it...not sure...

All my drivers are up to date, I downloaded them from Intel and ASUS when I installed the OS, but will look into more.