Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

Battlefield 3 Server 1 Feedback

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:18 pm
We want to know what you like about server 1 and what you don't like. Give us your list but also tell us if you could only change one thing what would it be.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:32 pm
I do not like the TDM maps.  They are pointless and are just a giant frag fest.  I DO like the size.  24-32 in my opinion is optimum.  It's not too crowded this way.  If we can reduce the amount of TDM, add more conquest, and maybe bump it up to 32 player, it would be the perfect server.  The 64 man server is just too crowded.  Can't spawn without dying, just a flood of people.  Server 1 is way better than 2.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:34 pm
I think mix mode is bad for keeping the population consistently high.  I think Conquest should not be running on server 1, when it is running 24/7 on server 2.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
I would agree that we should do less conquest on it since we have 2. I like the TDM mode. It is a rocket/grenade fest depending on the map but we could switch up those maps to keep it interesting. I played SDM on some of the normally larger maps and it is not such a fest. I think it would translate to the TDM and I would think the spawns and play area would be adjusted by the game so the play area was right for the number of people. I would not go back to just rush. I dont like rush but play it now because of the variety on the server. One thing I do think is worth a try; quit playing the same map twice and flipping sides. I know that is the norm with BF3 but we didnt do that in BO and our servers were always full. Play the map and the game mode once and then switch to the next.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 pm

WolfFang wrote (View Post):

One thing I do think is worth a try; quit playing the same map twice and flipping sides. I know that is the norm with BF3 but we didnt do that in BO and our servers were always full. Play the map and the game mode once and then switch to the next.

Fully agree with that, even on server 2.

“ Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero “

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:23 pm
I have to agree we could do without Conquest on Server 1

I like TDM, I think 64 man TDM would be fun on a small map (right Heiden)

I like Rush

Would like SQDM also but I can’t find how the other 32 man servers are set up.

If I could change one thing it would be set it up on a 24/7 map like Metro with no explosives or a 24/7 Grand Bazaar all weapons and Conquest which goes against my first comment. I know a few of the 24/7 one map servers I play on are popular but not always full 24/7. They have their time slots when they are full. the no explosives would require running a plug in to kick people for the use of explosives I think. or it could be just active admins running the server I played on.

I think it would be worth a try.

Just my to cents

(EDITx2) BTW I like playing both sides on a map, with auto balance running you could get stuck on the bad side of the map for several rotations.  we all know that on some maps one team has the advantage.

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 am
I myself only first experienced TDM on BF3 the other day on server 1, and I found it to be a blast. I mean it is sort of a frag fest, but it is nice for a change from conquest. My opinion of it being 24/7 one map though differs from Karows' . I would like to see the map change (perhaps even play every single map available) Maybe though just play the map once and forget about switching sides. Who knows, with all the new DLC coming out for BF3, maybe we will have it dedicated close quarters for infantry battles and what not. (No vehicles maybe) Anyways that is how I feel about the current rotation. Leave it or change I don't care really except for the few things I mentioned earlier on in my post. Mixed mode is really nice for a change.

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:03 am
I love the mix mode we have on it. I think increasing to 32 man would be optimal with the mix mode. Put a fair amount of each game type (TDM, Conquest, and Rush). As have 3 of each type but not in a row.

I think all maps shold be infrantry only where there is no air or no vehichles that take multiple hits from a SMAW or RPG

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:06 am
NO conquest, explosives, & vehicles.

Mix Mode: Rush, Team Deathmatch, Squad Deathmatch (you can do it with up to 32 players, not just 16)

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:10 am
With me strongly disliking Rush mode, and player with more than 40 people, I rarely play in our servers during the day, lately.. Sad I mis the old server #3.

Anyway, Rush mode seems to creep up more than the rest, but that may be due to poor timing on my part. iI always have a fine connection to it. Mixed mode is always nice, though. But with the 24 player limit, Infantry only would be nice. Squad DM, DM or FFA are just fine, I just wish the gameplay areas were a bit bigger.. say, 20-30% - but I find I prefer Conquest, overall. And I like map variety, but I'm not 100% opposed to a one-map idea, but I'm sure we'd get sick of it before long, and since opinions differ so much, picking one single map for permanency would be a tough choice... I couldn't even suggest one.

Sp o guess my feedback is... to varied, to be helpful.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:15 am
I would like to stick with Mix-Mode for all game types with the following change:

* all maps to be played ONCE except Rush

This gives you a chance to play both sides unless you are auto-balanced. Playing both sides on conquest is just too long and changing maps keeps me interested.

I'd also like to get on the winning side of SDM to complete the assignment Wink

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:28 am
BUMP

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:30 am
My biggest complaint is Conquest. I like playing on 1 to get away from large vehicle dominant maps, then it cycles to the same thing on one, and I just lose all enthusiasm.

I like RUSH, I love TDM.

BF1 STATS

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:32 am
I love TDM gotta keep it, would like to see different maps with tdm

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:50 am
I agree with MysteryShot....TDM with different maps.