MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Admins checking for illegal commands???

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:50 am
Hi

Been playing for a long time and am a decent player. I have noticed there are some players that are beyond accurate with their Pistols. They coming walking around corners and shoot and kill with one shot every time (long range too). I know some players are actually that good but it does lead to suspicion and I hope they are being spectated.

I recently heard that by bringing up your command prompt you can setup features that are written into the game (fps, cross hairs, etc). Is this legal (cross hairs would make it easier to target and kill people)? And if these are game features, would PB even notice (since it was written into and is part of the game software)?

Also, I heard off a command that allows you to automatically aim (normal command as written into the game - have not downloaded any extra software or hacks). I set my computer up as a server and typed in the command and it seemed like it was accepted. I plan on testing it out soon on my computer while running as a server. If it works I will take a video and send it to Polite. Seems none of the Bk members playing COD World of War have heard of it. Not 100 % sure if it works but was curious and plan on checking.

Or can you/have you set up the server to not allow these features. Just a bit concerned when you have people walking around the map and killing 40-50 - 60 -70 plus. It makes one wonder and it makes people leave the server and not come back!

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:49 am
It has been a long time since I have really played a lot of WAW.  If you recall though I used to have games with those types of scores, and so did some of our other members.

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:14 am
This is why it's pretty sweet to have a Spectate Mode. 99% of those chumps aren't keen enough to not be obvious.

Please remember that our TS is always open, and there's always someone there. IP is 8.9.36.132:9101

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:59 am
We have some great players, I'm not one of them, the pistol in waw is more accurate then some of the other guns, and it will kill you in one shot, I just come on to talk to the guys in TS and help their stats in WaW...I haven't heard of a aim bot built into the game, I am not sure I would try it on a PB server, if you want to try it on your server, jump on TS and get a few of us to join your game, if it works we should look into it.. I have heard you can make your cross hairs bigger, and the field of view can be changed, I didn't notice a big difference with the field of view changed. If you go into your players folder and your cfg file, you can change the settings, if you change to many you will know when you join a game..just be sure you back up your profile...

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:49 pm
Hey FallGuy,

Thanks for posting in the forums. Always nice to see a regular player posting.

I have done some searches for it when I have had time since the last time it came up in game. It seems like the auto aim feature is in the console versions of the game. i.e. Xbox and Playstation. I have not gotten to try it in the actual game yet. If you do find that it makes a difference please let us know, but as target was saying, some of our players are just really good with the pistol and the .357 can knock someone out with 1 shot.

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm
Our server does not allow cheats inabled in the console. There is only two things you can enter in your console. fps meter and lag o meter and maybe max packets. So the only changes you can make or watch is , cpu, gpu, and internet. When you connect to a server you play by their config file not yours. Pb pings your config through out the time you are connected to a server. To run the stuff you're talking about it has to be a externel program. Hence that is why we spec. Also remember you are playing on a hardcore server which has 5/8 less health and a regenerate time of 5-10.
That is why a 357 can kill you with one shot. Hope this help you

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:25 pm
Throw those pistols away and come out and fight like men lol

Non Nobis Sed Patriae
Not for ourselves, but for our country
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:28 pm
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:50 pm
Or hide in a corner with a silenced/suppressed sniper rifle ...

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 pm
Hi  Johnny

So if I understand you correctly you could setup your own server and allow these items and setup your confige file to give you "aim auto". If you set this up through the command line and no one else knows how to set up their command lines you would have an advantage.

Once you join another server you would be limited by the servers config setup, so you could not set the aim auto feature or cross hair's feature. I have heard people talking about setting fps, so this feature must be enabled on Polite and the other features are turned off.

As for checking into this, there are only a couple players that can kill me easily, and not all the time. Some games I get into the zone and am destroying everyone, so I can understand people having good games. The ones that make me wonder are the ones that turn corners and shoot 3-4 people, all single shot kills and can also kill you across large maps with their pistols and are more accuarte then sniper rifles! These people always seem to kill you in one shot. I have used the .357 and it does not always kill in one shot. Noticed from time to time some people heal very fast (hit some people with a thompson 4-5 shots and they have not died - normally 2-3 shots kills, even through walls ). This I have not seen often, so I chalk it up as I am hitting them in a spot that is not very damaging.

As for Punkbuster, it does not catch everything. Since these commands are part of the standard software package that you load when you setup the game would PB even care? In one incident, I unloaded a full clip into someone as did another teammate and the person walked through it. He obviously left the god mode on. He left and came back and then he died normally. Saw this a year or two ago, but it got me into thinking about this.

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:09 am
having to hit people with more bullets can also be chalked up to whether they have jugernaut or not

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:12 am
BK dose not talk about what we use to find people using enhancements.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:03 am
Still doing a bit of research. How does one start a server. I tried starting one and called it fallguy but someone I was going to verify things with could not see it.

Also, I found the commands for aiming but not sure if it is prudent to post it. Some people may try to use them.

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:39 am
Hey FallGuy if you would next time you see me online come on to our Team Speak and I will go over some of the thing I have learned over the year playing WAW. I have worked with a lot of player both in BK and one that just come to our server to play. If you ever think someone in our server is cheating please come on to Team speak and ask for a adman they will pull you up to a room and hear you out and look in to it