Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

Sniper Chat

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:28 am
Hey BK,
Lee here just offering a nice laid back sniper post. We can discuss builds play styles etc. I'd like to see one person post their stuff before I go ahead and post mine. See you later.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:08 am
My play style depends. For the most part I like the ACOG with the straight pull bolt so that I can play more offensively to help the team. I have many years of Day of Defeat sniping behind me and I played in CAL all the way up to Invite. So I tend to quick scope and go for speed more than accuracy. With that combo I'm effective to about 300-350 yards I'd say. Past that on some of the really big maps I play with the 12x and a Bipod. I have certain places I like to go but I try to keep the range within 500 yards and I like to be able to cover multiple objectives and provide covering fire. I tend to have a 60 second rule on how long I stay at a give spot once I have a kill, but it changes just based on my gut feelings a lot. If I can cover 3 objectives at like 200, 300, and 450 yards that's my ideal kind of location on a bigger map.

-JL

Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:01 pm
Ok, so I finalized my "builds" just this week and now I shall explain.

Infantry "SWAT" sniping:
With this play style I am sniping 0-300 meters. My weapon is a M98B with ACOG and straight pull bolt. I am most comfortable playing this way. I will rush corners without hesitation, camp heavily populated walkways and support fellow troops from short distances. I always have a positive K/D at the end of the match playing this way. Also, my secondary weapon is the G18 Suppressed. I will use this to stealthily take control of positions, clear buildings and sometimes go close quarters. The squad perk I run is Squad Suppression.

Long range "Counter Sniping":
With this play style I am sniping from the max distance the map will allow me. I focus on known and populated sniper positions. Look for glares, estimate distance, open fire. For this play style I recently decided to use the M39 EMR equipped with 12x zoom and bi-pod. Not much to say about this play style because I am normally alone, surroundings are quiet, and targets are scarce.

I highly recommend these "builds" if you enjoy similar play styles. I have been sniping in FPS games, and for BK pretty much since I became a member. Enjoy your games, stay on your toes, and squeeze the trigger when you hold your breath.

Always sniping,
Lee

Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:42 pm
I generaly dont snipe as much  I would like sometimes. I do when I am kind of lazy and not feeling the run around get shot by campers,armor, etc... Most of the time  I take a positsion near heavly contested flags.I will sit with a acog, forarm thingy and a silencer. I dont try to be a 1 man army and I pick off the last guy in a line then move to the next guy back. My aim is lousy for long distance and my  intended victim is usally not standing still. I do try never the less. Right now I am going through all my weapons to unlock all the gadgets that come on them, so the svd98 is the new toy.