Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post

pbcl.dll error HELP !!! Embarassed

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:35 am
If anyone has had the problem of there waw game crashing  back to windows (xp ) with the error pbcl.dll  , I would greatly appreciate your help.I'm
pretty much at my wits end with it. What I've tried so far is  added 2 more gig of ram and a new hard drive to try to install win7 with about 10 failed attemps,it just wont install. I've cooked an external drive with about 5 years of photography saved(40,000 pics) in the process and just livid about and I'm about to throw the pc out the window and pack it all in. lol  I have searched the web for answers and found 100 different things that cause it but have had no luck.   2 words " PUNK BUSTER" should I say anymore lol I cant get through one game now without a crash. i've never spent so much time and effort and money to try and fix a game bug in my life. Typically the game would be in the trash way before this but I enjoy the good people in BK and have met a great bunch of guys so any help would be great if you have experienced the same problem with this game.

Non Nobis Sed Patriae
Not for ourselves, but for our country

Last edited by SHING88 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:50 am
Hey SHING, sounds like you've got a belly full of issues eh. Well to start the error is  a pb error according to anything I can find. Try deleting PB and reinstalling it again, that should clear the error. XP is notorious for issues with PB and i've had a few myself before I upgraded to W7.

The W7/HD issue sounds like a bad HD. Even a new HD can have issues so you might want to try returning it and get another. W7 is a really easy install, heck it almost installs itself. To really get to the bottom of the problem please post your entire build; mobo type, CPU, PS, GPU, ram (type and how many gig), sound card. We'll git er figured out one way or another  Cool

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:09 am
no the hard drives good , im using it right now as my main c drive , I did the pb delete and reinstall,  directx reinstall, all my drivers , I've formatted and have done about 10 clean reinstalls from scratch and get the same error, I've tried clean installs with different video cards , different sound boards , replace the usb mic with a new turtle head set going straight off the sound card to see if that was causing it.i  tried it with no TS , I think I have tried everything  as far as I know I can and its so frustrating. Its a pb known bug and they wont spend the time to fix it because its an older game , they have about 8 things on there site that cause and I don't have any of them thats stated on there fix for it. I think i'm stuck with it until I can afford a new pc , I just thought maybe someone else out there went though the same thing and found a fix

Non Nobis Sed Patriae
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:43 am
FROM PB SITE
My game crashes with an error in pbcl.dll or a General Protection Fault. Why?
This issue can be from a program that conflicts with PB. There are a few known program that cause this:
Get Right
DU Super Controler
Macro Toolsworks
Girder 3.2
PRTG Traffic Grapher
CyberCorder: cybrcrdr.exe
Paessler Router Traffic Grapher: prtg4.exe
3dnasys.exe
mIRCStats
Closing those programs, or any like them that contain user or kernel level debuggers should stop the problem.

Does anyone know what a kernel level debugger is?

Non Nobis Sed Patriae
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:37 am
Ok the problem is your sound card.   Follow the instructions on this link to a T, it worked for me on my old pc.
http://forums.gamersradionetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=5401
If bye chance that dont work, take a look at this
http://community.fpsnation.com/topic/45221-cod-waw-pbcldll-error/
and also did you restore your computer cause that will fix alot of bugs

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:26 pm
Wow SHING, looks like you've covered just about everything as far as hardware issues. There was another suggested "fix" which was make sure you're audio output is set to 24 bit 48000 Hz. If the links that Johnny provided don't solve the issue try a format with W7.

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:28 pm
Thanks Johnny , I'll give that a try and see how it works  Very Happy

Non Nobis Sed Patriae
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:17 pm
Good to hear it worked Very Happy