Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

We need more Tac Tuesdays

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:30 pm
Tac Tuesday cant seem to come fast enough , is there nothing we can do about the 300 yard 50 cal pistols to turn them down a bit ? These things are better then my sniper riffle and at close range my browning doesn't stand a chance  lol  At least make them crouch to fair it up a bit . Seems someone wasn't paying attention in the logistics meeting at Activision/Treyarch when they designed this game. Hard to imagine from a company that nets 4.8 billion a year lol

Non Nobis Sed Patriae
Not for ourselves, but for our country
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:27 pm
I am sure, if we round up enough money, we could start a Tac-only server?!?!

Also, did you really ask if anyone was paying attention @ Activision/Treyarch???

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:01 pm
We need tac-tuesday 3-4 days a week. Lets hear it from all of ya......

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:13 pm
I love to see another day add so we can see what it does for the server, then if it keep picking up then add more

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:34 am
I AGREE!!! I left the server this morning because of the pistol walking. There was only about 8 or 9 guys on and three out of the four people on the opposing team were pistol walkers. It wasnt fun for me to have a score of 2 and 23 for 15 minutes of play.........so I left!! I hate to leave the server empty but I just wasnt having fun and that is what we are supposed to be doing right? Having fun.
So I would love to see more days like Tac Tuesday!!

PEOPLE FEAR.........what they dont understand.
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:59 am
What is it and can it come to Friday or Saturday since i work nights on all other week days?

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be evil.

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:41 pm
Shing your absolutely right!I believe it is more realistic and beautiful to play our game without those annoying pistols.(without riflenades also..)More TAC Tuesdays?that will be great!

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:37 pm
I 2nd the motion Gump Very Happy That or make it a total crouch only server , only time you can come up is running under fire or while standing still while sighted. That would solve  some of the pistol problems or at least make it a little more competitive . It's kinda proven after each game that the  top of the leader boards are primarily pistol walkers. Or maybe just make it a non pistol/nade launchers all the time and have pistol walking Tuesdays lol

Non Nobis Sed Patriae
Not for ourselves, but for our country

Last edited by SHING88 on Sat May 05, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:44 pm
4 tac-tuesday a week ????
Only possible on the week of 4 tuesdays......lol...( a rough translated french expression wich means.....never.)
Does that expression exsist in english ? ( for my own education)

I would really like to get more of these events.
Geeezz, i missed the last one for the sake of a non-dropping full server.

What about thursday and saturday + tuesday = Tac-SaT-T-T ?

“ Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero “

Last edited by RifleDan on Sat May 05, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:52 pm
you guy aways forget to remove the superman perks (last stand and Juggernaut)

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:43 pm
Lets call it Tac-Weekend. Tuesday, Thursday and all weekend.
Need to get the players involved who can only play on weekends too. This needs in be " no riflenades, no pistols (unless out of ammo) no 2nd chance and no marty. Probably stepping on some toes. So let's hear your thoughts...

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:32 pm
My two cents;

NO pistol walking
NO riflenades
NO marty

I dont care about second chance and this is the reason why;

You have just as much of a chance as they do of getting the kill. I dont think that there is any kind of advantage to have second chance. It is a realistic tactic. If I were to get shot in the leg I would be down and not out so I would naturally pull out my pistol and try to defend myself.

I personally dont see anything wrong with that perk. It also gives you an approtunity to be a medic, which is a real life thing on a battlefield.

Marty-- hurts your team more than it does the other team.

Riflenades--they have an unfair advantage over the person who does not use them. I think that the people that use them are bullies and dont really have any kind of skill to utilze to get a kill with a fair weapon. Now the argument could be made that they need to be used against snipers. Not true. We all have brains and are capable of using them to outsmart the sniper. It makes you a better player when you try to out think your opponent!

Pistol walking--the advantage here is nothing more than speed. The person pistol walking is half way between a run and a crouch, and nine times out of ten the quickest draw wins!

We run a crouch server so why not have everyone CROUCH all the time? Most of the people that play on our server are older and like a more mature style of play. I know I do! It makes for a great time if things are even and the fight is fair!

Well..........thats what I think if it makes any kind of difference.

PEOPLE FEAR.........what they dont understand.
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:24 pm
I'm all for an additional day or 2 of tactical play. Its much more of an even playing field and keeps the raining r-nades to a minimum. I agree with Reform to a point in that the unecessary perks for rifle nades, pistol walking and martyrdom need to be contained. I'm not of the opinion that rifle nade users are bullies, that seems a bit extreem to me and is likely stated because of frustration caused by a perk gone wild  Laughing . Second chance is the least offensive of the above mentioned perks and really doesn't give that much of an advantage, utilizes the medic ability of that perk and if you miss and wound someone look to get shot at. Make your shots count!

With that mouthful outa the way i'm in full agreement to an additonal day for tactical, and if its as big a hit as Tac-Tues then look at adding perhaps 3 or even 4 days of strictly tactical play.... no r-nades, marty or pistol walking.

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up

Last edited by xVoodoo on Tue May 08, 2012 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:28 pm
Definitely should be expanded to more days, if not 24/7. I left our server last night because of the rifle nades and it was totally empty by before midnight (EST) and stayed that way. I went to play the other Tac server and continued playing with most of the guys who had just been on our server.

As an Admin during Tac Tuesday it is also a problem policing the pistols. If your not Specing the person, you can't tell if they killed someone standing or crouching, nor can you tell when you got sniped from across the map. It's also led to a bit of confusion with enforcement. Purely from an ease of Admin they should be an indoor use only or banned all together. I know I've infuriated people with my pistol use and can understand why they would move along, so you can see where I'm coming from here. We need to remember the "KISS" rule and not try to reinvent the wheel.

Successful Tac servers have:
Very limited pistol use
No riflenades
No 2nd chance
No Marty

There is a limited amount of COD5 Tac players, so lets get and keep our share.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:04 pm
wish every day was tues. I'm with Reg 24/7 tac tues.