Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Team switching/ admin abuse

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 pm
I keep getting team switched while playing BF3 on server 2 and am getting rather tired of it.  Today, I was killed by an admin and team switched.  If this is what it means to be a member of BK, then there is something seriously wrong.  I feel like I am being picked on and I will not put up with it.  I will start playing elsewhere if this continues to happen.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:34 pm
Two things there is an auto balance. If there is more then a 2 player difference then the game will auto move people to make it even. (This is something that was highly requested.)  If one teams has a lot of AFKs as we are filling the servers we will balance them out so that the same number of active players are on each team. We always announce this on TS.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:29 pm
why not remove the AFK players? just asking....

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:49 pm
Well the screen said "Killed by Admin."  It would be nice if admins would ask before they slay someone to team switch them.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:08 pm
One thing I think forgot to mention is the auto balance isnt just BK members.  Im not 100% how it picks, but the autobalance will move anyone, not just BK.  When it says "Killed by Admin" that is just the auto balance program and not a physical admin.  Ive seen i happen to many players including myself.  As Luke said, its something that was requested for, so EA is doing it this way.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:11 pm
Servers that have autobalance all displays the same message, indicating you were "killed" by an ADMIN.
It's the server, not a person, doing this, and it's based on who joined most recently.  When a lot of players drop from one team, then you can see multiple players getting autobalanced.
The longer you stay on a server, the less likely you will be autobalanced by the software.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:27 pm
Thank You Damon..."you're right on the money"!!!

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:31 am
YOU MAY REMOVE FOOT NOW LOL

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:48 am
Skull,
What Damon says is exactly correct...the game will say "Killed by Admin" when the team switch occurs...the death does not count against you. So we are not abusing it. No admin will just move BK members around to even the teams, WE ASK.

Second...Kicking the AFKers is easier said then done. To kick them would mean that you know for a fact they are AFK. Some sniper may be on a hill who cannot shoot and is 0-0 the whole match, have seen it. The only way to tell is to get on their squad and if they do not spawn in within a certain amount of time I will kick them and telling them why.

And skull I like playing with u and I know when that happened you would of mentioned it in TS and if an admin didn't say anything then they didn't do it. Please don't say silly remarks that aren't true where you aren't gonna put with this or that. No one has to put up with anything. This is a game not prison. If you want to play somewhere else you can your American right  to.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:34 am
"Ameriucan right" -  haha, what a phrase.

Anyway, I get a little cheesed then i get balanced, but it's better than having no balance, and at least you keep your points/kills. And it's the most recently-joined players that get balanced, which is fair... thought think i'd rather see the folks at the bottom of the scoreboard get balanced first.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:30 pm
Wonder if autobalance is smart enough to even teams so that games are "close" rather than "one-sided"? Wink

If we run autobalance then can't we run the "cussing kicker"? It'll get rid of most of the more blatant offenders. Wink

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:39 pm

TakerDeep2008 wrote (View Post):

Skull,
What Damon says is exactly correct...the game will say "Killed by Admin" when the team switch occurs...the death does not count against you. So we are not abusing it. No admin will just move BK members around to even the teams, WE ASK.

Second...Kicking the AFKers is easier said then done. To kick them would mean that you know for a fact they are AFK. Some sniper may be on a hill who cannot shoot and is 0-0 the whole match, have seen it. The only way to tell is to get on their squad and if they do not spawn in within a certain amount of time I will kick them and telling them why.

And skull I like playing with u and I know when that happened you would of mentioned it in TS and if an admin didn't say anything then they didn't do it. Please don't say silly remarks that aren't true where you aren't gonna put with this or that. No one has to put up with anything. This is a game not prison. If you want to play somewhere else you can your American right  to.

Someone and I don't know who it was said if it say you were killed by an admin then an admin killed you.  Now maybe someone was trying to be unpolite and unfriendly in TS and pulling my chain, I don't know.  But, I think there are alot of smart alecks in TS at times and I take my gaming seriously.  I don't believe you were in TS at the time anyway, it happened in the afternoon.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:23 pm
Something to keep in mind is that Dice has a few misleading messages about what it does there games are doing. Another example of this is with Black Ops. When it kicks you from the game for too many team kills it says your banned even though your relay just kicked and not permitted  to rejoin for about 20- 30 min

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be evil.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:21 pm
No skull it says admin killed you when you are auto switched.

As to evening the teams out for greater good is only done at the end of the map if the ticket count is to great. I believe its a 100 ticket difference. The game will not mix up the teams while a map is playing.