Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Not sure where this is going...

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:29 am
Ok, I just got off of battling for 30 minutes to try to connect to one of our servers. I first tried server 1 and I kept getting the Server Disconnected or User Has Left The Game errors. I finally went to try server 2 and got into the game. I walked around for about a minute then my game crashed and it gave me the Unhandled Exception Caught.
This has been happening since the 2nd or so patch. I have struggled a lot with it and heard some other people struggling with the same issues. For 2 nights a week ago I had no problems but then they started happening more often. I though the newest patch would help but yet it doesn't. Tonight I reinstalled the game and it still didn't work. I looked online and found an old post about the sound issue that caused the Unhandled Exception Caught during an old patch. I tried to fix that and it still messes up. Either I get the Server Disconnected notice or I get into the game and less than a minute later my game crashes.
This is really getting on my nerves especially since the new patch didn't fix anything. So until further notice or someone comes with an incredibly awesome fix, I am going to be taking leave. So long, back to COD4 for me. A game that actually works and I don't fight with it for half of the night.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:57 am
Hey ebble, I know how you feel and am sorry to see you take leave. Perhaps the new patch 1.4 may fix this problem!

Hpe to see you soon mate.

DiggerBaz

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:19 am
sorry to hear it mate.  have you tried re-installing the game?  I know that this is a hassle, but sometimes it is what is needed.  I have had to do it twice for COD4 because of constant crashing issues.  It could also have something to do with the part of the world that you are in, and what your internet connection is like.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:46 am
I have re-installed twice and the new patch didn't change anything. I live in SC and I get a pretty nice ping on the servers. I just don't know what's wrong.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:42 pm
it is a common error trust me.  I went to other servers to see if it was just ours.  Nope it was all servers.  I shut down the computer and waited, I started it up again and yippy I was able to connect.  I had to shut the computer down so that tells me it is a software issue with COD.
Good luck and don't give up hope!

"You should laugh once a day, because laughter is like sunshine, and a day without sunshine is like.............NIGHT!
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:59 pm
Remember guys it could be server side as well, anything is possible I havent had any issues with the error messages KNOCK ON WOOD!,; but maybe its because I have XP, Im not sure though.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:54 pm
I also have XP and haven't had this problem. Do all those getting this issue have Vista? Let so know cause there is an answer for this.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:57 pm
This is what Activision says to do not sure iMake sure that you meet the minimum system requirements.

Make sure you have the latest video and sound card drivers from the manufacturers' websites.

All background applications must be shutdown prior to running the game.

Turn the hardware acceleration for your sound card to Basic.
1) Click the Start button > Settings > Control Panel.
2) Double-click on the Multimedia icon.
3) Select the Audio tab.
4) Click on the Advanced Properties button in the Playback section.
5) Click on the Performance tab.
6) Reduce the Hardware acceleration to Basic, the 2nd notch from the left.
7) Click Apply and then OK 2 times. Run the game now. Don't forget to turn the acceleration back up to restore the high-end features for your sound card when using other applications.

NOTE: For Windows XP
1) Click the Start button > Settings > Control Panel.
2) Double-click the Sounds and Audio Devices icon.
3) Click the Volume tab.
4) Under Speaker settings, click the Advanced button.
5) Click the Performance tab.
6) Reduce the Hardware acceleration to Basic, the 2nd notch from the left.
7) Click Apply and then OK 2 times. Run the game now. Don't forget to turn the acceleration back up to restore the high-end features for your sound card when using other applications.

If you have multiple sound devices installed on your system try disabling the extra sound devices. Many modems install an emulated sound device that could cause issues.

For Windows XP:

1. Right click on the my computer icon and select properties.
2. Select the Hardware tab and click the Device Manager button.
3. In the device manager go down to Sound, Video, and Game controllers and click the plus sign next to it.
4. Look for any devices that reference a Modem or Unimodem sound device.
5. Right-click on this device and select disable. This device should now be disabled.

For Windows Vista:

1. Go to the start menu and right click on Computer and select properties.
2. Click on the device manager link on the left.
3. In the device manager go down to Sound, Video, and Game controllers and click the plus sign next to it.
4. Look for any devices that reference a Modem or Unimodem sound device.
5. Right-click on this device and select disable. This device should now be disabled.

If you are using Windows Vista please check to verify that your default sound format is not set too high:

Start menu -> Control panel
Double-click on Sound
Locate your default sound device, it will have a green check
Right-click on this device and select properties
Select the Advanced tab
Look at the Default Format drop down menu.  If this value is set above 96000 Hz (regardless of bit rate) please change the setting to 48000 Hz or lower (again regardless of bit rate).  
Hit ok and close the sound and control panels
Try the game again

f it will help.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:59 pm
Sorry that was supposed to start off by saying. This is what Activision says to do. Not sure if it will help.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:42 pm
Sorry epple hope some of the ideas you have here helpped you.