MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Server rules clarification needed

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:45 pm
Hey guys-

Most of you know me from the server as I play pretty regularly for years on BK's servers. I was wondering what the official rules are for behavior on the server regarding runners. For a long time now I thought we were supposed to tell the admins through chat when we see someone running. I remember there was some talk a while ago by admins saying that players should not tell other players what to do (ie "playername stop running!") - but that we should indtify the runner to admins by saying "playernameX is running" so that they can be aware of the issue.

Today I remarked  that 2 different players were running - because I didn't see the admin catch it... nothing with any nastiness - just "playername is running". One player got a little pissy with me and all I said was that "it was the rules" - but the admins chided ME for mentioning the runners by saying that the rules were being enforced. I thought we were supposed to be helpful, but do you want us to NOT tell admins who is running on the server anymore? Just let us know and I will stop identifying runners when they happen, of that's what the official policy is.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:21 pm
We welcome all the help we can get. Feel free to let us know if you see someone running.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:21 pm
Indeed, please let us know.  Even if we have a member spectating, it can be tough to spot some chump getting in a quick run when there are 17 players to sift through.

Unfortunately, simply informing players of the rules often doesn't do anything to change their behaviour, until they get a warning.

Thanks for playing with us!

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:41 pm
By all means we please feel free to let us know of any folks not playing by the rules.

Thank you

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 pm
Hi PMOHHelenBACK,

I am fairly certain I've played in matches with you before, when I used to play CoD:BO.  So, I'm glad to see you still play.
Your understanding is not off the mark, really.  There is a rule, which existed before I joined BK, and applies to all games BK supports.  It states the following and can be found in the official Rules/FAQs section of the website.

Rule #7
BK members as well as non-BK members should type warnings to players who are breaking the rules. Avoid requesting an ADMIN to do your typing for you. BK members should attempt to verify warnings typed by non-BK members unless that non-BK member is well established and known to BK admins or other BK members.

Thank you for playing on the BK servers, by the way. Smile