Wed May 08, 2024 4:32 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

So many binds for displaying Rules, so many formats...

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:12 am
Many of us have in-game chat binds for the server rules, but we all have greatly varying formats, colors, wording, etc. I think it'd be nice to get everyone showing the exact same binds, and get some uniformity going. Personally, I really have no preference for one players' color/wording combo over another. Whut choo guys think? If you think i'm nuts, I'll leave it at this and never bring it up again. If not, let us come to a happy consensus.

Needs to be simple - yet concise, with colors that pop.

Ones for Shotgun Friday, too. I'd like to keep doing them, and hope to carry it over to server 1 if/when we ditch server 2.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:25 am
I've been thinking along those same lines. I have a macro for rules that I tried to compile as an average of all the others I see popping up and basically sums up the "crouch to move". I use this when I see a player new to the server that runs, just a "heads-up" before I start with the warnings. A standard text would be a great idea, but don't use red! I shot a team mate when I saw movement to the left of the screen and then the console popped up something in red and BLAM followed by "sorry Sad"  hahahahaha (not often I'm that quick, but it happens)  Smile

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:16 pm
I`m probably a bit behind in replying to this post, but think it is a good idea to have uniform warnings and colours

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:22 pm
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:58 pm

reddragn wrote (View Post):

I tried looking at the link but got the message "The topic or post you requested does not exist"

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be evil.

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:53 pm
That means that you don't have access to members only part of the forum. Here is the text from that post:

Uniform Key Binds

I would like all our *BK* members to change there warning key binds to match the following.  Please match the color, capitalization and words.

What you do to warn a rule breaker is: press t, (and type) ^2playername (enter) and quickly right after hit your bind key for the message.  The name will show on screen and the message right under it.  
(Note that when entering the color command after you enter the color # the color command disappears but is working.)

These are the warnings to use:

^2Please Stop Running or Walking Unsighted and Crouch

^2Last Warning Stop Running or Walking Unsighted and Crouch

^2Please Watch Your Language We Run a Polite & Friendly Server

No need to type in a name for language just hit your bind key for it.

Below is how to set key binds:

First what you want to do is bring up console, by pressing the tilde key:   ~

If the console bar at the top doesn't open you will need to enable console in your game controls menu.

type in /bind {yourkey} say {your saying}.

"ex. /bind f1 say ^2Please Stop Running or Walking Unsighted and Crouch"

Will print this:

Please Stop Running or Walking Unsighted and Crouch

Below is a color table:

Red   ^1

Green ^2

Yellow ^3

Blue ^4

Baby Blue ^5

Pink ^6

White ^7

Gray ^8

Black ^0

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:34 pm
That's redundant now that we have Badkon, and the method doesn't work so well, and  often gets reset by the game. I made  a post about how to do it so it sticks, here:http://www.politeandfriendly.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10041

The handful of members that use custom binds about the server rules haven't really responded, so I take it as a sign that no one desire uniformity as much as I. So I'll drop it.  Though I've seen a single member use the ones i made in the post i linked to, so feel free to use 'em. I made them, so obviously I think they suffice. But I have to shamefulyl admit that for the dolts that don't heed the warnings, the colour scheme and wording doesn;t make a difference. 90% of the time i toss them up when i see a player try the "!rules" command.

Aliceter: I suggest you PM  Mr T. about getting access to the members' section of the forum. You're missing out on a lot of posts.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --