Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

iPhone jumps the shark...

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:18 pm
So far the new iPhone looks like kinda boring.. Nothing new and exciting... Just a slightly bigger screen but only 4" when most phones now are 4.3-4.7. Slightly better processor. LTE (Something most phones had over a year ago.) Nothing new and exciting like we see with the Galaxy S III.  

It looks like Apple is no longer the company of innovations to the company of 20% faster. If you want innovations and pushing limits than Android is the place to be.

So my question to anyone who has a Android was there anything about the iPhone 5 that would make you give up your Android for iPhone?

GOA.Luke*BK*

Last edited by Luke on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:21 pm
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:24 pm
I'm watching http://live.twit.tv/ They are covering all the streams with live commentary.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Luke wrote (View Post):

So far the new iPhone looks like kinda boring.. Nothing new and exciting... Just a slightly bigger screen but only 4" when most phones now are 4.3-4.7. Slightly better processor. LTE (Something most phones had over a year ago.) Nothing new and exciting like we see with the Galaxy S III.  

It looks like Apple is no longer the company of innovations to the company of 20% faster. If you want innovations and pushing limits than Android is the place to be.

So my question to anyone who has a Android was there anything about the iPhone 5 that would make you give up your Android for iPhone?

GOA.Luke*BK*

Luke, I think you could make the same argument for the iPhone 3, 4, 5  - they are all phones running the same OS.
I don't think anyone expected it to be anything more than a new version of an iPhone, that is faster, thinner, and an improvement.

While I am certainly not a fanboy, I don't think that Apple has jumped the shark just yet. Sure we are just seeing improvements on existing products (iphone, ipad, ipod, etc.) However, there is the rumor of the iTV that maybe released this year and that COULD be a decidedly new WOW product that spawns copycats. We will have to wait and see.

Supposedly the iPhone 5 was the last product that Steve Jobs actually worked on.

As per the Galaxy (which I also own), to be honest I don't see any major WOW differences from the iPhone vs. the Galaxy. I guess I just can't get that excited over the minuate or don't see any significant differences. I personally like Andriod better, but I also use an iPhone.

For now I won't be upgrading my Galaxy or iPhone 4.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:01 pm
Paid, pre-approved apps, no swappable battery, no external memory, weak casing, overpriced, no flash, no multitasking, etc. The iphone was a shark-jumper from the get-go. Every time i use one i end up wanting to throw it at a wall.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Abram wrote (View Post):

Paid, pre-approved apps, no swappable battery, no external memory, weak casing, overpriced, no flash, no multitasking, etc. The iphone was a shark-jumper from the get-go. Every time i use one i end up wanting to throw it at a wall.

All very good points and certainly true. I guess my comment was that I personally don't think one can claim that it jumped the shark from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5, since it's just more of the same. Of course that is my opinion. I prefer Android, but also use a iPhone as well.

Abram, it is obvious that you have not drunk the Kool-aid.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:30 pm
My first smart phone was the iPhone 3G from a clam shell phone and right away I heart my it all day long.  Does that make  me a fanboy.  I thinks not.  

Ive seen the Galaxy III and Im not terribly impressed.  I have a phone on my hip, not a tablet, which is what these phones are slowly becoming with their larger screens.

Has Apple make leaps and bounds with their new product each time there is a release?  Well not leaps and bounds, but there were some major improvements with each one, from faster processors to more memory to muliti-tasking to better resolutions. I cant say they are just putting a new sticker on an old product.

The big question, will I get an iPhone 5?  More then likely, but Im going to wait and see first off how things turn out with the phone from all the blags and friends. There are a few other concerns I have beyond the phone itself.

But I for one am kind of excited to see a Windows phone in action.  Im not talking about the current Windows phones out.  They are basically using a Beta version of Windows 8 and while Im not impressed with that on a PC I could see how it will be a good thing to have on a modern day smart phone.

I would have to say my biggest love for the iPhone is the sync programs.  Ive heard of so many ppl having issues with Blackberry, Nokia, Motorola and even android phones.  Vendor software doesnt work right. Using aftermarket software that works until a new firmware/update comes out.  I like iTunes and I think they got it right and are just making it better.

Just my 2 cents.