Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

No Rentable Black Ops 2 Dedicated Servers...

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:29 am
What anti-cheat will be used?

Anti-cheat is a top priority for Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. We have developed our own proprietary server-side anti-cheat technology which will work alongside VAC to deliver the most advanced detection and banning capabilities of any Call of Duty game to date. We have also improved our player reporting system to make it the most effective way that you can help us catch cheaters. And starting on launch day we will have a full-time dedicated pc anti-cheat team focused solely on detecting and banning cheaters. We have a zero tolerance policy on cheating. Cheaters bans are permanent.

Will Black Ops have Matchmaking or Dedicated Servers?

Both! Call of Duty®: Black Ops II PC combines matchmaking with secure ranked dedicated servers. This means that you get into Public Matches or League Play via matchmaking lobbies. It is easy to party up and play with your friends. You can adjust your classes or scorestreaks between matches. It also means that every Public or League match is hosted on a dedicated server running in one of our high bandwidth datacenters around the globe.

Will you release the server files?

No. We are keeping the server files secure to protect the game from hacking and cheating and ensure the ranking and progression system integrity.

Can I rent a server?

No. We are providing a huge number of servers around the world at no extra charge – plenty for everyone to enjoy. And we will administer the servers.

Will there be mod tools?

No.  As we continually improve and advance our in-house tools for our own content teams we are unable to provide consumer tools due to increased technical requirements, licensing restrictions, and technology dependencies.

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/blog/2012/09/28/pc-online-security-matchmaking-and-server-intel

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:33 am
So it looks like we will not be able to run a crouch server in COD servers. I think you can officially say COD is dead on the PC.

We are going to offer TS space and do what we can with Black Ops 2 but with out crouch servers and no way to control the language it wont be much fun for BK.

We are going to look at Medal of Honor and other PC games coming out to see where we go next. I do not think we will server see a COD game that will allow us to host our own servers.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:02 am
I guess that makes the decision for me.  I wont be buying the game.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:49 am
At least we know, now. That's pretty unfortunate. That's just stupid; I can only recall a couple BO servers I've ever encountered that didn't have ANY rules relating to gameplay or conduct.  Even if Treyarch did decide to not allow something.. racism comments, it still enforced someone elses ideals on the playing public. Shameful.

Can certainly count me out. I hope enough people become aware of this Sad.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:11 am
looks like im aswell, thats sad to here what they are doing to the game and i cant support the game like that....

Bags

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:14 am
Makes me wonder why I pre-ordered Confused
I enjoy playing Bops with you guys so much that I just couldn't wait for the next round. I've learnt my lesson now - WAIT!!
Anyway, I'm not the biggest fan of futuristic warfare, I like the realism of present weaponary and technology.... (having said that, not many infantry run around throwing tomahawks - but I guess they could if they really wanted too?)

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:22 pm
Well that does it for me too.
BF3 Armored Kill, No Thanks.
Black Ops2 with no crouch, No Thanks.
Looks like W@W and Black Ops for now.
This is really disappointing.
I originally joined BK because of the "Crouch Servers"

TwoFour

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:20 pm
Glad i didnt pre-order. Saves the trouble to cancel. Oh well, COD's not the only game in town , or coming down the pipe for that matter.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:02 pm
Yeah, I was going to order the game but that changed my mind, thanks for the info.

PFC.Abadshot-BK-A
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:14 pm
Well, it looks like PC FPS video games that we are used to are near death . I won't be ordering BlkOps 2. Guess I'll wait and see what is next. Wonder how long it will be before they dis-continue any support for WAW ?

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:17 pm
I won't order it now we will not have our own server.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:58 pm
Medal of Honor Warfighter releases October 23

Pre-Ordered last week

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:31 pm
shame was looking forward to BO2, oh well. Thanks for the update Luke

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:50 pm
I've been reading comments on various iterations of the article, and the majority of them are about how they've canceled their pre-order.. I'd like to think this may shift their plans or the future, but the console sales will surely be through the roof, since they're used to this kind of abuse. They seem to think that PC gamers want what console gamers do, and are forcing it upon us. The first time I played a MP FPS on a console and discovered that Match-Making was the norm, I near pooped myself. ( i slaughtered btw, since console gamers aren't used to people strafing. I've never had so many knife kills in a match)

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Abram wrote (View Post):

I've been reading comments on various iterations of the article, and the majority of them are about how they've canceled their pre-order.. I'd like to think this may shift their plans or the future, but the console sales will surely be through the roof, since they're used to this kind of abuse. They seem to think that PC gamers want what console gamers do, and are forcing it upon us. The first time I played a MP FPS on a console and discovered that Match-Making was the norm, I near pooped myself. ( i slaughtered btw, since console gamers aren't used to people strafing. I've never had so many knife kills in a match)

Not likely to change this late. COD never really cared about PC players any how. All COD PC players could cancel their orders or not buy it but PC players are just pocket change in the gaming world.