Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Mic. Help

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:00 pm
Question. I have the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series. I always get sound, but when I need to configure another program around, I loose the ability to use the Mic. Suggestions???

Thank You.

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:04 pm
Open your audio settings from the task bar. Get to the mic properties and make sure nothing is selected that allows applications to take exclusive control of the device. Reboot and test.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:01 am
I have been three hours at this. I finally got back my sound. But every time I go into Control Panel/Sounds, it locks up my system so I have to do a cold reboot and then reset all my sound settings. I'm going to "Google" this and see if I can fix it from ther...

Thank You.

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:39 am
Try booting the computer to safe mode and see if you can adjust it there.  Though I've got to be honest, if something as simple as trying to access your audio settings locks your computer up, you've got far worse problems than a mic issue.

Safe mode:

Reboot computer
Hold down the F8 key
this brings up a prompt
choose safe mode or safe mode with networking if you prefer

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:24 am
I tried both Safe & Safe with networking, but in Safe mode there's nothing you can do. It kinda has me stumped me as well when going into Control Panel I picking "Sound" and after Five mins. it crashes my entire computer. I know  if I reformat that drive, most likely solve that issue. But I'm not going to spend an entire day just catching up on windows updates. Plus another day reinstating games and much much more....

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 am
OK, every thing is working GREAT now. What I was doing was installing old drivers for Windows Vista.......I called Creative and they showed me which file to download.......Windows 7 64bit driver for my sound card. Now nothing stalls or crashes on me any longer.....

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:30 am
If you have a Creative audio card, I'd strongly suggest teh PAX drivers; they are a custom set made for all Creative audio devices and they soudn far better than the official ones.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/pax-drivers/

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:56 pm
Right now every thing sounds GREAT with the drivers that I downloaded from creative.....Why would the "Pax-Drivers" make any difference??

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:27 pm
Well I'm back to where I began. I go into my "Creative Control Launcher"  every is good except that every time I exit the program my Mic auto places an "X" when I already removed the "X" so that I can use the Mic. Plus the same damn thing is crashing my system again. I go into Control Panel" select Sound and within 2 mins trying to configure the Mic setup, it crashes my system so that I have to do a cold reboot......I have absolutely no idea why this is happening.....Ideas???

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:42 pm
First would suggest you scan your system make sure you haven't picked up a nasty bug though that seems unlikely. But worth checking. Secondly, uninstall and clean your registry of the drivers and any creative programs. Then download the file again and reinstall. It sounds like you may have a bad file in there that is no changed by the update and is causing the issue. By uninstalling and cleaning any of those files plus the registry you should be starting from scratch. That would take care of any corrupted files. If it still persists then its not those but something else that is corrupted or conflicting with the drivers. Only problem is there is not telling what that may be; could be windows. Do you get any error messages? What about looking in admin tools - event viewer? There will be an error message that gives you some information as to what failed. If your unsure where to look. Go to control panel-system and security- admin tools; when it pops up event viewer should be the fourth one on the list. Click it, when it opens expand the windows logs then click on system. In the window pane there will be a list of stuff, scroll down till you see one that says warning or error and see what it says. That may point you in the right direction. Hope this helps.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:00 am
OK first I did a VERY LARGE Cleaning (Anti-virus & Malware) it cleaned up everything that II know of. But tell me how I"Uninstall & Clean"  mt reg. ???

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:36 am
Have you tried a Windwos Repair yet? Having your audio panel crash on you is a pretty bad sign. Sometimes it's better in teh long run to backup whatever you want to keep, wipe the entire drive, adn install your OS from stratch, starting anew.

I did it just last week: one of the services I use for my LAN networking starting being weird - shutting it self off. I workd on it over an hour. Realising that I had been running that OS install for almost 3 years, I backed up bookmarks, savegames, docs, etc., and wiped the harddrive back to random 0's and 1's. Everythign gone for ever.

Eventually, it's better to cut your losses and do something more drastic.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:22 pm
I do that about twice a year. The only thing about that was that I re formatted only 2 month's ago...

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:33 pm
I suggest using a headset and mic that is usb.  Logitech makes good ones.   I had the same problem with my creative sound card and got rid of it.  I found out later it wasn't compatible with Windows 7.

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:18 pm
You mean get a New Headset for the "On board" sound that comes with the Motherboard?? First, USB headsets are the are really not preferred for a gaming computer . Not too many people use them because the it's Very Poor sound quality. Second, I'm not going to run out there and buy a a USB headset at some outrageous price, because like I said, the sound quality is sub par. I have had this sound card with my computer going on two years now. It worked great until now. I just need to do a little research to fix the issue........But Thank You for your input....