Wed May 08, 2024 4:32 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Cannot connect to ONE particualr server, looking for ideas.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 pm
Cartoon Generals server #1

I was playing the other day. I left to change a kit, and could not get back in - the game simply hangs on the "Connecting" (before showing the pic for the map that's playing). i can leave it there for over a hour, with no change. The game does not freeze, as I can hit Escape key and get back to server list.

I've contacted their top admins about it and my name appears on no ban/kick/what list. I've tried changing IP, closing my firewall, Verifying Game Files, complete uninstall/reinstall of the game, setting config to default, different ports, changing routers' MAC address. My roommate can connect to it using his account, but my account on his PC still does not work. I can still ping the server from my PC and get about the same response times as the game does. I can connect to other BO servers in the same city (San Jose), and still can connect to any other server I try.

It's clear that there is something about my Steam account that's wonky. I fear it may just be "One of those things", like Axeman no being able to ever play the map 'Hazard'. This is really bumming me out. Other than ours, it's my favourite server to play on. :(

So if anyone can think of more things for me to tr, I'd love to hear them. I'll also open a ticket with Steam Support, but I doubt that'll go anywhere. If I get any response at all.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:00 pm
LoL What did you do to get ban  Shocked   Oh you sassy Laughing       All kidding aside talk to Cappy over there

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:08 pm
Ya I did. He and two other senior admins looks at ban lists, etc. and my name doesn't pop up anywhere. I also tried a name change.

I just think my account is cursed.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:29 pm
did you try having someone send you a invite while they are in there?

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:54 pm
Well not an invite, but I did conenct my friends' account, then tried to join off him. I doubt doing it the other way aroudn will work, but i may as well give it a shot.

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:19 pm
Seems that a server restart did the trick. WHY?  No idea.