Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Logitedch G-930 Wireless Headset

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 pm
While I know a few of you have this head set. I am trying to trouble shoot mine. I just got a brand new one (Replacement for an existing issue I had with my old one).
No matter if I have the Mute button in the software on MUTE, and the Boom mic raised with the red button ON, and hitting MUTE on the head set, I can still hear stuff in my head set from my mic. Like, if I rub my finger over the mic, I hear the ruffle sound in my head set..When in TS it does mute and no one can hear me, but I still hear stuff in my headset...

I was wondering if anyone else has a similar issue or not..I have been through my whole comp and can't find anything that will turn it off..I have been in contact with Logitech again, and they are going to replace it again..But before I'm without my headset again for 2 weeks, I want to make sure that there isn't anything wrong, or there is...

Thanks again!

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:23 pm
Hawkeye,
I don't have the headset, but is it possible that it is similar to an old record player needle?  Not sure if you know what I mean there, but if you had the turntable spinning, but didn't place the needle down and even had the volume low or muted, you could run your finger across the needle and still hear the sound come through the speakers.  So, I am wondering if this is something similar??

Taz

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 pm
Found a post that sounds similar to yours and maybe gives some advice...

Logitech Forums (<---Click Link)

Taz

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:37 pm
Looking at post now...but, yes...that's what it sounds like...but also, in MoH, my mic is constantly transmitting...only at the end of game...and I am not even saying anything...

This post is exactly what I am experiencing...However, I have tried it on another computer without the drivers or software, and it still does the same thing...which leads me to think it's hardware related.. I think Cake has the same headset...hopefully he'll chime in here...

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:30 am
Hey Hawkeye
Don't know if this will help but
have you tried unchecking listen to this device under recording devices microphone
properties
I have trittons but it sometimes resets in windows

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:10 am
Everyones' mic is open at the end of MOH matches. It's one of the things that made me stop playing.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 am
Okay I do have it and if you have the headset as your main speakers then you will get sound from the mic, cant change that. I use it for ts but have my surround sound speakers for everything else. I do change that when I game so all sounds come thru the headset. When I have it set that way then all sounds come thru regardless of what you do. You can go to the logitech software for the headset and lower the gain on the mike; that might help a little. As for at the end of MOH there is a setting you can do that will prevent you from transmitting at the end of the game however it also turns off all voip in game so if you use it you just have to deal with it til they patch the game and hopefully fix that. Hope this helps. If you have other questions catch me on TS.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:15 am
Hawkeye - my headset is a G-35 (USB)  .  But I just recently had a similar problem. I re-installed the Logitec  Gaming software package and that fixed mine.

9USB)

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm
I hit my mute button at the end of MOHW so I don't transmit and mute everyone else...lol

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 pm

BluesDeVille wrote (View Post):

Hey Hawkeye
Don't know if this will help but
have you tried unchecking listen to this device under recording devices microphone
properties
I have trittons but it sometimes resets in windows

@BluesDeVille:  yes...Been There, done that...

@Abram: I was just using that as an example...I was aware of that...

@WolfFang: I never noticed that on my old headset.. But also was not aware of this either. I'll talk to you in TS when I see you there...

@Cake: I will try that next...