MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Now is a good time to change your Origin Password

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:47 pm
Good morning BK Family,

Well I woke up this morning to play a little Medal of Honor Warfighter. I checked my email like I do every morning, and I saw that my Email and Password has been changed in a nice little Email from "EA" so I deleted them (Without clicking on any links) and tried to get into my Origin account, it was hacked for sure, Not sure how because I have a cryptic password that I only use for Origin, I don't go to fan sites, and I never download anything with out checking on sources first (Or getting it from trusted sites) I have very good virus software that has not detected anything on my PC, I double checked using another program and still nothing. It has been floating around that Origin was hacked a week or so ago, but EA denies this.. Of course i bought BF3 from Origin so I can't get my Game code from that as I was dumb enough not to write it down and store it any where.

Long story short If I were you I would change your passwords just to be safe and do it often. I have a feeling that I will no longer be buying "Direct Download" games anymore, and will wait to get hard disk from now on. Sitting and waiting to talk to someone from EA Support now and hoping that I can get back to gaming soon!

Hoss

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:43 pm
Rolling Eyes

You cannot talk yourself out of trouble you walked right into![color=green][/color]
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:51 pm
Like you I use a solid crypt password and if you are like me, I wouldnt see any way of someone getting the password from my system.  You are the third BK member that I have heard having an account issue with Origin.

That being said, I would be willing to bet someone he getting the information directly from Origin.

On a side note: With games these days, getting a hard copy will not help protect you from having your account taken.  You still need a cloud network to get an account and play online.  Pretty much, all a hard copy does is get you to the cloud to load the game.

But that is just my 2 cents.

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:00 am
Thanks for the heads up

On a slight change to get passwords to services such as origin etc that haveva password reset feature it is possible to do it through other means not requiring to know any of your passwords just a reasonable knowledge of system. Now as this is not the place to discuss such issue I will leave it there.

Hope you get it all sorted out

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:05 am
Can you guys suggest a good password manager to help create and manage strong cryptic passwords?

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 pm
Your brain and a pen and paper

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:13 pm
Whenever i create a password, I often start randomly typing until i get a sequence that tickles my brain, and use that. An example: "eD101f556_00".

A friend of mine uses one insane password, and using it for a password for a text file with all his apssords, and packs it in a .rar that he uploads to his ISP web storage. Not really different from a password manager, but he can gab it from anywhere.

This makes me think of an article i recently heard and read of: Subconscious Passwords.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:20 pm
Hey Blue,

I Like Password agentFree version is limited to 25 entries, but also has cool password generator.

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:44 pm
I was reading somewhere about brute force attacks, it was saying that alphanumeric, even symbols don't make a difference, it's the overall length of the password that matters.