Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Need Help with my headset Mic.

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:51 pm
My sound card is a Sound Blaster  X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro and for some damn reason I'm unable to get the "Mic." working. It's set up for Microphone, but I need to set it up for Microphone FP so that it will work...Any ideas or suggestions??

Thank You

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:17 am
Go into your SB directory and do an update on your XFi software, reboot and it should solve the problem. It just happened to me the other day with my Extreme Gamer card! Its not your mike, its the software and driver that needs an update.

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:09 am
To anyone that uses Sound Blaster cards: Try out the PAX custom drivers. He's been making them for about 8 years and they are fantastic. Better audio quality, more options.  The more or less look the same on the face, so nothing new to learn.

Get them from your appropriate section here:  http://www.hardwareheaven.com/pax-drivers/

He also gets out drivers for new operating systems before Creative does.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:55 pm
OK Abram........So what your telling me here is that I should uninstall the "Creative Drivers" and use the "Pax Drivers". The only issue I see is this. I have the  X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, and when I go to that site that you mention, I'm unable to find the correct "Pax-Files" to download..........Suggestions??

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:16 am
Official PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite V2.35 Default Tweak is probably your best bet.

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:25 am
So I'm thinking that this download is a 7z file. I guess that means I need to find 7z to exe the Drivers, correct??

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:35 am
You need 7zip, it's jsut another Winrar/zip utility. I find faster for most thingsm actually.  It's also free.

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:11 am
OK, I'll give it a shot...Thank You.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:00 am
OK, I used the "PAX" files, but still for some unknown reason my mic still dose not transmit.....Suggestions??

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:54 am
Hm.

Okay, go to control panelt - Sound. Click the 'Recording' tab, and your mic should be listed - usually teh first device in the list. Ensure it's enabled (if no, right cliik, and 'Enable'). Once enabled, right-click that sucker again and on the window that pops up, click teh 'Advanced' tab. From the pull-down menu, try selecting other bitrate settings. the 16bit, 48000hz settings should work, but try others. If Windows is receiving any input, the window showing your devices has a little green levels bar that fills as the input (voice levels) increase.

If no mic is not listed at all, your connection may be faulty. Try plugging your headset into another computer, and see if it works on that. IF it DOES work on another machine, then it could be that your mic input jack is fudged. It could also simply have a chunk of  dust in there. You coudl also try an input on the front of you case, if you have one.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:55 am
Yep, it has my mic selected. But when I go to test it...Nothing at all. I always have issues with this sound card (The Mic) but after I fool around with it for a while it starts working. Guess I'll try to put the sound card in my older computer and see what happens...It's never taken my this long to get it working.......

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:19 am
Does your motherboard have onboard audio? If so, you should be able to enable it and its' mic input. Just double-check that it doesn't become the default device for your audio out.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:20 pm
Yes, my motherboard has audio. But if I enable it it's for the entire motherboard system. I don't think I can just switch on the Mic and not the sound with it.......

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 pm
Ya some boards can manage two audio I/O devices, some cannot.

Well, disable your sound card in your device Manager and enable your onboard in  your BIOS, and see if the mic works with that. If it works, you likely have a faulty Audio card. If no, it's your headset.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:01 pm
Yep, your certainly correct about my Headset. It looks like the mic is no longer useable......Great, no I need to go out and buy another at 200-300 dollars. And that's for a GOOD Headset...