Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Jumping from crouch, to Summit tower...

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:23 pm
So, turns out it can be done quite easily, even carrying a Strela. Should we allow this as a legal spot? Very few players both to go up there, but if one can get to it by "legal" means, then why not?

I did a quick recording for proof. This is from crouch, with a heavy weapon, with no Ghost/SOH/Hacker parks. No Lightweight.

[Watch On YouTube]

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:37 pm
i think even glitch spots should be okay in all games.

Let me clarify, I don't mean spots where people can't be killed, obviously upsets balance, i mean spots that weren't intended or not thought of for use. ledges etc. Creativity.

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:54 pm
I think you can also get to that spot by jumping onto the top of the base of that tower from the top of the steps below and climbing the ladder (yes - there's a ladder there!) - so that's another reason it's OK.

I guess I was misinformed - but I remember someone saying that that catwalk in the control room ( in addition to the gondola) was off limits on summit... but you can get there just by jumping - no running, correct? We only outlaw spots where you have to run and jump to get there (like the roof of the brewery in Revolution from the mannequin house).

I would agree that glitches should be OK - except the ones where you can go under the map (landsharking - like on Castle) and the walling (in the original context where you can stick your gun through a wall and not be hit but can shoot from within it - not the legal shooting through surfaces with a high powered/hardened weapon)

-Helen

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:22 am
Yes, you can also get to that calwalk without running at all - even easier than getting to the tower. But the gondola is still 100% off limits on our server. However, if you Do someone run to make it to those places, they still get a warning. If I  see such an occurrence, i warn them, but then mention that the area can be reached without a sprint. I've had players argue that point, but I just leave it be.

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:03 pm
You know - since I've never been on the catwalk before - I decided to try and reach it without running yesterday (on a local private test server). I tried in vain for about 20 minutes and gave up. I've actually never seen anyone on our server do it either (like you I see people sprinting and jumping and I give a warning). If anyone has a video of how to do this without running I'd love to see it.

This video is where I saw how to get to the tower (I also failed to replicate this and died jumping from the steps to the base repeatedly). I guess I am not good with jumping Very Happy

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:41 pm
From crouch, I double-tap my jump key, but hold on the second tap. it seems to make the character grab, like when you "mount" a low edge. You can kinda see that one the tower video above,