Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Blue Screen

Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:14 pm
I bought a New Web cam (Logitech C920) and since I started using it, even though I have it OFF, I have been getting the blue screen telling me about new software or hardware. But I "Think", I'm not sure, when I had it disconnected from my computer, I had one other blue screen issue.......Can someone Please help me out with this issue??

Thank You.

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:27 pm
What is the BSOD code you are getting.  That will help me seeing what the issue is.

Without knowing that code, I would ask if you installed the Web Cam came with software.  If it did, I would suggest uninstalling the software and see if that fixes the issue.

Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:32 pm
Understood. I'll uninstall the "Software", and if it happens again, I'll get you the code that pops up....Thank you...

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:21 pm
OK, I remember what it said, but did not get the code number. It said something about two cores failed, and that I should check New hardware and or software. I received my webcam and got it working about the first week of last month and never had a "Blue Screen" pop up. So I don't think it has anything to do with that. But what I do remember about software, I tried to get "Resident Evil 6" through the "Ukraine" from this website....

http://play-sc.com/home.php

Since then I have been getting the "Blue Screen". I'll keep looking if it's still in my computer and delete all of it.........Do you have any suggestions about how to find that program so I can delete it permanently??

Thank You.

Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:47 am
I would check where all the programs are listed and see if there is some that doesn't belong under add and remove programs.  You may have gotten some malicious software, malware.  If you have anti virus and anti malware I would run that.  Hopefully you can catch in time before I does any damage.

Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:34 am
HAving the BSOD code will help greatly. There are a few ways to get it: for past BSODs, you can sift through Event Viewer, but an easier way is to use a free little program called "Bluescreenvew". You can also stop your computer from automatically restarting after a BSOD by entering "systempropertiesadvanced" in your Run dialogue, (or by going to Control Panel - System. Then slick "advanced system setting' at the left, click the Advanced tab), then in the Startup and Recovery section, clicking the Settings button. Uncheck the Automatically Restart' box. next time you get a BSOD, you PC will hang on it in the future

What are you doing when the BSOD occurs? Are there any program launches or other events that always precede the BSOD, or do they seem random?

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:55 am
That's the funny part. I'm just opening up about two or three websites so that I can cross reference some info that I need. It has happen to me only twice, but they were pretty close together. One yesterday, and one today...