Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Scatters Story

Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:35 am
Hi all, I have a bit of a sore back. Doctors placed pins and plates to keep it together, all good but occasionally I loose the feeling in my legs, so I take a nerve tablet to relax the nerves.
I have to stop playing (always at the end of a round) every once and a while to fix my legs. Some players have made some comments about this lately and I take it humorously as it is intended. But if this creates any problems within the clan I understand and would leave BK if you would like. Like the clan and have fun with the players, so I hope this explains the reason for my leaving and re-joining 10min later sometimes.

[img]http://www.politeandfriendly.com/images/user_bars/tstbarfif.png
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:50 am
Hi Scatters, ty for sharing and I don't think anyone minds.  A lot of ppl leave for breaks and food etc.  I've noticed you started killing me a lot today so I hope this trend doesn't catch on for everyone.  Do what you have to do and have fun gaming.

Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:21 am
Hey Scatters, we're just glad to have you in BK and hope you're having fun. Hope things work out for you and you're not in to much pain. Good Luck and we'll see you in game!!

Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:34 am
You can play as much, or as litle as you want, for any reason you want (or don't want, in this case).

Proper ergonomics is important for any PC users, and folks with back/leg problems especially.

www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/pdf/gl_comp_erg.pdf?

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:05 am
A lot of us have infirmities of some sort or another, so don't feel like you're alone .  I just admire anyone that has the fortitude to play and put up with  the pain that sometimes
results from sitting and playing for long periods. Just continue to take breaks as you need them and thanks for being a part of BK !

Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:38 am
no please stay in the clan.i did not know about your personal problem.... that is now known to me I enjoy playing the game with you and now understand .so again please stay in the clan.

Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:23 am
No issue at all Scatters. We enjoy having you on board mate.

Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:06 pm
Thanks for support and feeling accepted. I enjoy playing with all of you. Plan to be an asset to the clan. Thanks again.

[img]http://www.politeandfriendly.com/images/user_bars/tstbarfif.png
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:24 pm
No issue at ALL, Scatters... and I'm so sorry to hear about your back/leg issues. I think we all know that real life intrudes on our gaming and can often mean having to forgo those extra measures we take to be sociable in game and on TS. Sometimes it's "fixing our legs" and other times it's babies waking up, family demanding attention, phone calls - not to mention a whole host of natural disasters, blackouts, or other... ahem... personal needs!

I usually play during the workday (I work from home) and I often have to quit without signing off because a client calls - not to mention playing without logging into to TS because I am often on conference calls where I have to listen in for hours at a time.

Hey - there's a whole world out there that insists upon intruding on our gaming time! Don't worry about us - we ALL understand!

-Helen

Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:09 pm
G'day Scatters.
No need for concern mate.  Many of us in the clan are in our 50's or older, and have all of the problems that ageing occasions.
I'm sorry to hear that you're in so much discomfort.
If you need a break, take one.  There is no requirement for minimum time in game.  It's simply there for a release / distraction / enjoyment when it suits you.
I live just north of you in Newcastle......good to have another local Aussie in the clan Smile

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:56 pm
Hi Scatters, Stay in the clan, you can play as little or as much as you want. We just want you to be part of our group. Take care, because we care.

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:00 am
Scatters, don't you worry about how much or how little you play, or if you need to take a break or how often you need to take breaks. The important thing is your health, without that things get nasty rather quickly. BK is here to be enjoyed in whatever capacity that you are able to partake. Enjoy and don't worry  Cool

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:01 pm
These bunch of ya-hoo are a great bunch to be around. I too have back issues and blood clot problems. When I have to take time off from playing, it's not a problem. They just wait in the shadows for ya to come back and it's a pay back time. Lot of fun these players. But beware of only a few tho. They like sneeking up behind you, then call your name and as you turn around...SWISH!! of a knife is all you hear.
I've been a member here for over 4 years now. Great bunch of guys. When I get internet going again, I'll show ya how to kill TAZMAN...lol