MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Mic.

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:50 am
Hello All..
Yep, It seems that I'm unable to get my "Mic" to work. Every time I select "Recording" to set up the Mic, I always get this message....."The Wizard could not start.....check audio config & audio device, sounds and themes". No I have not enabled any type of "Sound Themes", and I have checked my "Audio Config"..(Control Panel/Sound) and everything is set to GO. But for some odd reason, it just will not configure my mic....Suggestions, Ideas??

Thank You.

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:07 am
Make sure it's plugged in to the right jack, turned on (if it has its' own switch), it's enabled in Control Panel - Sounds - Recording Devices, the capture volume is up, and it's set to use a bitrate compatible with your audio device. (right click - Properties in Sounds - Recording tab). On that Recording tab where your devices are listed, the little bars should fill with green if your mic is on and getting any input, so yell at it to see if it does.

In TS, skip the wizard and go straight to Settings  Options - Capture, and select your device from there. Leaving the Mode on Audio usually works fine.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:58 am
Thank you for the info. What I did was go into my "Accessories" and clicked on the "Sound Recorder". Everything worked like a charm. So I suppose the next time on on TS you'll all hear me......... Very Happy

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:00 pm
Good deal. I would also say that firmware updates can be improtant too if you have anything other than a normal mic. But and I have found this is especially true with sound card or sound software updates it will reset your settings when updated and you may have to change them back to what you had that made it work before the update.

"Do or do not there is no try!"