Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Black Ops: lost all rank and perks

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:13 pm
It looks like I've been reset to level 1 private on Black Ops. It's the weirdest thing - the game was reconnecting to the black ops servers yesterday every few minutes - sometimes in mid-game (gray screen and hanging spinning wheel timeout). I was still able to play fine on Shotgun Friday - but when I went to change out to another shotgun in Create a Class - the spinning wheel came up again and all of a sudden I couldn't select any of my custom classes. My connection is fine and I don't run anything on my PC except the few games we play here, and TS.

I can see my player card, but can't edit it - and I can see the names of all my custom classes - but they are grayed out. I only have access to the 3 starter classes with no perks ... and it says I'm level 1 and will have access to custom classes at level 4.

HELP! I've been looking at forums and trying to find out what to do here - but I can't seem to find answers. Has anyone else had this happen? What do I do? Timber - I think you said this happened to you and you needed to contact someone to fix it? Do I contact Steam? Activision?

Waving a hanky from the tower requesting rescue now...

Helen

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:34 pm
things I would try would be

restart your computer and hope

if that doesn't do it open steam and right click on the game in the steam library go to properties and then select the local files tab and click the "verify integrity of game cache" button. Steam will synchronize the files on your pc with the server copy

if that doesn't work you may have to contact support because all your game progress is stored remotely there is no local copy on you system like on world at war.

hopefully the first two options work I've seen this on mine before when I'm in between rounds sometimes my rank shows 1 and non of my classes are available but It usually comes back. I have never tried to change any of my loadouts during that period though. I assume the server that contains the data is being rebooted or is down for some reason and just wait it out which it usually comes back by the next round or two.

good luck

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:55 pm
have had this issue also after a steam update as Luke said verify cache and hope for the best in my case it took a few days and returned my rank on its own always a good idea to back up your mp config file and player profile if you have a few minutes in TS  pull me aside or poke me and I'll gladly help you in doing this good luck

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:31 pm
Thanks fellas-

I restarted the computer a few times - but no luck. I will try the verification thing and also light a candle and pray that it all comes back soon. Hopefully I will be back at it by Monday.

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:32 pm
This happens from time to time. Verify everything and it should reappear in a few days.

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:57 pm
Now that I've been at Level 50 Prestige 15 for some time, I would not really mind a reset. But having it occur unexpectedly would still cheese me off.

Once you've lost it and shut the game down normally, your;e out of luck. This has happened to me three times over the years (though not for some time now). After the first time, I found this trick to remedy it, and it's worked twice:

If you see your level go down to Level 1, brin up your Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DELETE or CTRL-ALT-Escape), go to the Processes tab, right click Steam.exe and select 'End Task', then do the same to BalckOpsMP.exe. Or whatever the Black Ops process is called. Then start Steam, ad fire up the game.

Since this has been happening to a lot of people lately, it may be a new cause, so this trick very well may not work. But, it's worth a shot. Kinda lame that it's a possible solution that one has to be aware of ahead of time, but heepfully some of you will see this and have a better  chance of preserving your stats.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:32 am
I've lost all my progress twice and tried everything but I never got it back. Hopefully it works for you.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:58 pm
Well- it looks like it's lost for good. I contacted Activision and they said they can't do anything about it. They claim it's an automatic process where it goes back to the last saved rank. Unfortunately - as Abram mentioned - once you quit out and restart the game - they now have the level 1 rank saved on their servers - so that's what it goes back to. It's frustrating since I can still see all the names of my custom classes - I just can't access them. I tried playing for 30 minutes last night and got up to level 3 - only to have it crash with the message " it appears as though your profile has been corrupted..." yadda yadda - and it sent me back to level 1 again! ArGH!!! I'm not sure it's worth trying to gain rank again only to have it fail over and over at this point - so I may not be in Black Ops ever again unless by some miracle it gets fixed. Obviously - the Black Ops game servers are not backing up my profile properly for whatever reason.

I neve had any issues before until I edited my config with our keybinds. Although I can't see why this would cause issues - I gotta wonder sometimes if it's something I did...

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:40 pm
Because i said I wouldn't be playing this - the Black Ops Gods came and gave me back all my perks. I only came back as one rank lower too - 49... in a few minutes Imanaged to get back to 50. Phew! Yay!

Lets hope THAT doesn't happen again!