Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

ASUS Tablets

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:05 pm
Hello, I'm thinking about getting a Tablet. I don't want an iPad and I've looked into many different ones and the ASUS Tablets seems to stand out with awesome specs.....I can't seem to find the TF700KL models anymore which were highly talked about and praised.(This one has a Data plan) I don't want Used and only want New. I am actually thinking on waiting for the Transformer 701 Model I don't care if it has Data or not, as I mainly use it on Wi-Fi while at home or at work anyway....I can easily tether it to my phone anyway...

How do people out there with the ASUS 700 or 300 versions like them? I know Johnny just got the 700 series and he loves it...I actually don't really need it more like I want it...I have the Samsung Tablet 2 10.1 and it's slooooooow a lot of times...I hardly have anything on it...it shows that it has 799 MB of memory and a lot of times it is using 750 MB of memory even at start up...I may just wipe it and start it over as Out of the Box state...or might even root it...not sure yet..just doing some research....

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:28 pm
I'd be interested in this thread as I will be looking at a tablet early  next year. Whilst the ipad (attest release) sounds great, id prefer to stay away from apple. So keen to hear any suggestions too.

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:42 pm
I love my Nexus 7 tablet. It is made by ASUS and is googles official tablet. They sell from $175 for last year model or $225 for this years. Very dependable and works great.

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:04 pm
I am looking to get a tablet aswell, I know from my brother which ownes a iPad that it is good, but I personally don't want one. I want to stay away from it aswell, just like DiggerBaz. So this thread could be intersting for me awell.

Sounds like Nexus it the next best then next to Apple, am I correct? - I haven't looked much into this yet.

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:13 pm
Not sure about the Apple hate. I have had everything from zunes to irivers to ipods and have never really been disappointed. I love my ipad 3 just as much as my galaxy nexus.

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:50 pm
I don't hate the iPad, I bought one for my wife, but it's not for me...I know ASUS is coming out with the Nexus that takes SIM cards....to allow for Data connection...In my opinion, the 701 looks Awesome, It's going to have the ...Like I said before, there are a few people here that have the 700 and absolutely love them...

Here's on Benchmark I found...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlVqTLM3S20

Tegra 4 Processor
Up to 72 cores!!!!

Review: http://www.trustedreviews.com/asus-transformer-pad-tf701t_Tablet_review

Last edited by Hawkeye on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:54 pm
I agree with Hawkeye, I have nothing against Apple - I am only more confident with the Andriod products since I am using them now for a long time. And as he said, here are so much poeple which own a Nexus tablet and are happy with it, so why not testing it and see how I personally feel wit it. Wink

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:57 pm
So I personally got one question right now. - What do you all like at the Nexus Tablets? In which cases is it better then a iPad or better said why should I buy a Nexus tablet?

Just to get back to Hawkeye's question, moreless.. Very Happy

Quote:

How do people out there with the ASUS 700 or 300 versions like them?

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:27 pm
The Nexus tablets do everything a iPad dose. The Nexus allows you to have widgets and the iPad dose not.

Honestly it comes down to this for me. The Nexus dose everything the iPad dose and it costs about $300 less. Also there is no need to connect your Nexus to your PC for music, photos, apps, ect. Everything just syncs wireless. If I'm on my PC looking at a app I tell it to install and pic a devices and its there. Same goes for music, movies, ect.

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:18 am
Hawkeye and I chatted about this offline. I have a new iPad because it was free. My wife has an ASUS TF101 tablet that she's had for a few years. My iPad has a ZAGG cover/keyboard which works well. My wife's has a detachable keyboard which also protects the screen when not in use. Speed wise I can't tell the difference between it and my new iPad when surfing the net etc. One of the best things I like about it is the USB and card reader ports. We usually take her tablet when we travel and I leave the iPad at home. Plus I play Angry Birds on her ASUS.  Laughing

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:52 am

ReginaRifles wrote (View Post):

Hawkeye and I chatted about this offline. I have a new iPad because it was free. My wife has an ASUS TF101 tablet that she's had for a few years. My iPad has a ZAGG cover/keyboard which works well. My wife's has a detachable keyboard which also protects the screen when not in use. Speed wise I can't tell the difference between it and my new iPad when surfing the net etc. One of the best things I like about it is the USB and card reader ports. We usually take her tablet when we travel and I leave the iPad at home. Plus I play Angry Birds on her ASUS.  Laughing

Don't forget to mention that you also play Words with Friends with Hawkeye too!!!!.....lol

Also, I'm not getting any "Notifications" to any responses here and it's checked...anyone else have this problem?

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:10 am

Hawkeye wrote (View Post):

ReginaRifles wrote (View Post):

Don't forget to mention that you also play Words with Friends with Hawkeye too!!!!.....lol

Also, I'm not getting any "Notifications" to any responses here and it's checked...anyone else have this problem?

Definitely! Only play it on my iPad............cuz I don't know how on anything else.   Laughing

On the iPad now.....your move.. Shocked

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:11 am
I have an Asus 300 series and I love it....use it mostly when traveling instead of the laptop, also use it at home to run badkon when I'm on the desktop system.

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:51 am
I had a Nook color for years.
Just got a Nook HD9 inch 129 US
I have my tablets for reading and that is what a nook is for best screen in the business.
duel core 16 gig SD expandable wi/fi everything but the camera.
Love it very solid and can read for hours without a headache like some tablets.

"Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days"

Franklin, Benjamin.
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:37 pm
Lot;s of good info here...Think I'll see if they have any special or sales when it comes out...I'm probably going with the TF701 when it comes out...Like I said, I don't care if it has data or not, as I can tether my cell if I have to, but I'm usually always in a Wi-Fi area for the most part anyway...I love the specs that it has...hopefully Best Buy or BJ's will have it so I can look at i before I purchase it...