MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Lag Issues

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Hello Gents,
I have been starting to get bad "Lag Issues" just playing single player. I have never experienced this up to now. I have plenty of room on my disk, I disabled SLI because some time ago games were not responding well with the SLI. (Two GTX GeForce 650 TI Boost) Could someone help me out here??

Thank You.

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:56 pm
Open task manager.  Click processes tab. Check to see if anything is eating up all of your ram or cpu.  You can sort memory or processor usage by clicking at the top of their columns.

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:53 pm
The only thing u can suggest is do a full virus and malware scan. Make sure drivers are upto date. And also check the temps your system is running at.

The only other thing I can think of is swap your graphics cards around as the first one might be faulty or failing. As both cards are the same I cannot see this as an issue but correct me if I'm wrong anyone

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:05 pm
I have already performed a full virus & malware scan. And I did the card trick. I'll look at the task manager and see what I can do...Thank You.

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:35 am
sounds like over heating clean and pop the side off

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:10 am
What kind of lag? Choppy frames? low frames? Mouse lag?

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:11 pm
When the game becomes "Busy" with a lot of action going on it lags.  I think it's more "Choppy". About "Over Heating", that's not an issue at all.

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:46 pm
Install new GPU drivers lately? Could be that your GPU is under clocking itself.  Run Gpuid or similar program to track /log   temps and speeds.

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Franklin wrote (View Post):

When the game becomes "Busy" with a lot of action going on it lags.  I think it's more "Choppy". About "Over Heating", that's not an issue at all.

What games is it happening on and is it on-line games or PC specific,.like single player? If both, try do do a CHKDSK/f/r and after that, I would try Ccleaner then also run a De-frag when finished.  are you playing on a PC that is using a wireless signal (are you close to router-strong signal) or are you hard wired? .This was only a suggestion if your drivers are all up to date. If you still have issues, maybe try downloading previous display drivers or a beta driver. Also, check and see if you have other people using (sharing) your internet. Do you have kids or wife who might be streaming movies or videos at the times you are playing?

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:17 pm
Actually it's happening to all my games in single player. I have not yet hoped on to a MP game yet. I already reinstalled older drivers, but had the same effect as the new drivers. It's Very strange, this started happening right after I got a new modem from AT&T so that I can get much faster speeds (21mg down-1.63mg up) and if I wanted to get programing from wireless instead of cable or dish. I'm not using it for TV Programing, because there's nothing out there to watch except for Football (At least that would be the only programing I would watch. * If anyone knows a way that I can watch College & NFL wireless with out getting a darn TV package, please tell me) But that's when the S....  hit the fan. I have no idea why. Sad

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Franklin wrote (View Post):

Actually it's happening to all my games in single player. I have not yet hoped on to a MP game yet. I already reinstalled older drivers, but had the same effect as the new drivers. It's Very strange, this started happening right after I got a new modem from AT&T so that I can get much faster speeds (21mg down-1.63mg up) and if I wanted to get programing from wireless instead of cable or dish. I'm not using it for TV Programing, because there's nothing out there to watch except for Football (At least that would be the only programing I would watch. * If anyone knows a way that I can watch College & NFL wireless with out getting a darn TV package, please tell me) But that's when the S....  hit the fan. I have no idea why. Sad

I''m not much of a sports fan, but I think you can watch them live on ESPN or something like that... try www.nfl.com/watch-nfl-live  
or if you have DirecTV I think you can watch it on your Tablet or computer too....again, not sure...

As far as your PC...did you try the steps I suggested? If you're playing SP mode, I don't think you need an internet connection to play it... Try this (this will rule out the newly replaced modem) Unplug (wired) or disconnect (wireless) from your modem/internet.... Launch the game...see if it's still happening....if it is, it's PC related...if it's not...then it could very well be the modem... you could also test your internet speed and verify you're getting what you're paying for...  Go HERE and test your internet speed as well....

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:14 am
No worries about the games "Lagging" any longer. I did a little more research on a couple of games I had the issues with. It all had to do with the regedit files. Just removed a "1" to a "0" and now I'm good to go. As for watching football on ESPN streaming live, they don't have it. And if I had a "Dish" (I don't) I would be watching football. It seems that you need some type of "TV Provider" so I can hook up and watch live TV through my modem as a wireless connection, but I don't need 250 channels that will cost me over 50.00 dollars a month when all I want to do is watch Football.

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:59 am
Do what key did you have to change,  Fall guy?

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:33 pm
The two keys that I changed in the reg files, was about the game itself. And also the graphics in another file associated with the game for nivida cards.