Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Very Slow When Executing Programs

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:44 am
Question. This just started happen to me about Three weeks ago. No matter when I .exe a program, or click on a web browser, it takes some time (Way too long) to react. I ran my "Nod-32" antivirus", and my "Malwarebites" program, and nothing worked. I have done that in the past, and it fixed it. But now I have no idea what's going on. If you all can help me out, I would be in your debt.

Thank You.

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:44 am
When was the last time you did a defrag of the hard drive? Also how much hard drive space do you have left?
Either could slow down opening of programs.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:46 am
It auto defrags, and I always check to see if it has been done. And I have over 100 gigs left on my drive.

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:43 am
I had a similar problem a couple months ago: I'd start a program, and my PC would just sit and do nothing for 5-20 seconds, then behave as normal. This also happened with moving//renaming/deleting files in Windows Explorer. A restart woudl remedy it for a short time, but it always came back. Turns out a Windows Update was the problem, and it required an easy registry tweak to fix. Of course, I cannot remember which update it was. But if you're having the same issues, I'll dig through my browser history and I'm sure I'll find it again.

Have you tried turning your AV or any other scanners off, temporarily?

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:57 pm
Yes, I have turned off all you mention, and ran a "Defrag" (It dose it once a week on auto) and nothing works. If you can find that history in your browser, that would sure work.......Thank You.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:29 pm
Run windows update.  Sometimes windows update doesn't update automatically.  Run it, install any important update and reboot. Also try clearing out your browser cache.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:46 pm
What version of windows?

I had a similar problem with Vista.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:30 pm
Windows 7 Pro. I have cleaned out all the cache on my Three Browsers,  and checked windows update, but every thing has been done. I have absolutely no idea why this is going on... Sad

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:31 pm
Make sure you do not have Conduit Search on your computer. If you do remove it. Check on the web on how to remove Conduit. I didn't know I had in my computer until I did a complete system scan with Malwarebytes.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:45 am
Forgive me for asking, but what is a "Conduit Search" and how would I remove it?? Like I said above, this just started around 3-4 weeks ago. I have done all that I can, (at least I think so) but it seems to be getting worse. I placed my win 7 disk in and did a repair, but still no good. G-D I don't want to do this, but I just may need re format the drive and start from Zero again...... And yes, I have run "Malwarebytes" three times now. but still no go.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:54 am
OK, I just found out what "Conduit Search" is. I don't have it.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:50 am
Well I can't find the info i was looking for, but there a couple things to try.

Boto into Safe Mode by restarting, and after the first boot screen which shows your BIOS and/or splash screen, keep tapping F8 until you get the Safe Mode menu. Once you're in Safe Mode, try to move/copying files or launch a programs and see if it still happens.  If all works as it should, then it's a software issue.  Also try to uninstall  your Antivirus. simply turning it off still leaves components running. When many AV programs are turned "off", all it does it is stop the active file scan.  Alternatively, you can disable all the services it runs, though uninstalliing/reinstalling may be less of a pain for you.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:41 am
A shot in the dark but try rebooting your modem.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:08 pm
Thank you all. I have already been through all your suggestions. Now I'm submitting a file to ESET-Nod-32 and see if they can help me with this issue....

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:59 am
Well, I have been through every thing I can do to fix this issue. And I'll be darned to take my computer and have a full diagnostic for 70.00.